1983 ford ranger diesel

Its essentially a 2WD look-alike of the 44 (has the suspension components and stance of a 44, but without front axle driveline components or fender lip moldings). Back in the '80s Motor Trend owned vehicles, and with the gas crunch we decided to downsize from our V-8-powered 1980 Ford van, swapping it for a 2.0-liter Ranger. See Results. Find new and used Ford Ranger Classics for sale by classic car dealers and private sellers near you. GM's new S trucks offer 1,000-pound and 1,500-pound capabilities." I just bought a 2001 Ford Ranger W/ 2.5 liter i4 and 5 speed else Id be interested in this one . Had 87,000 on it when I bought it and had 211,000 when I sold it in 1995 to a friend that needed truck and I wanted a 44. Smoking ranger. Of course, the customer showed up demanding warranty. The diesels were no longer an option after 1987. 1983 Ford Ranger for Sale: A Vehicle With Style And Strength; Used Ford F250 Trucks . Starting as a trim package on F-Series Ford pickups and then as a Courier replacement, the Ranger has had a very interesting history. Sold a 95 with about 360k on it. Im not sure what happened there? "The standard engine is an old reliable 2.0-liter OHC four used in Brazilian passenger cars, with cylinder head and camshaft improvements and a one-barrel carburetor. F-series pickups got the international built diesel engines. For 1983 and 1984, the Ranger received a 2.2 liter, 4 cylinder Mazda/Perkins diesel engine, which produced 59 horsepower. Now if they were to re release the 83 ranger not kidding I would order mine tomorrow, I was hoping Ford would call their upcoming Maverick pickup a Ford Courier. My 85 Ranger 4x4 has the diesel. RULES: No profanity, politics, or personal attacks. I am the second owner of this truck, I bought it in 1997 from the original owner. 1985 Ford Ranger Newly standard for the 1985 Ranger was a fuel-injected 2.3-liter four-cylinder engine that was more powerful than the carbureted version it replaced. It became available with four-wheel drive later in the model year. I get about 20-30 city and between 30-40 highway. 2000 models-forward now sported two-bulb tail lights instead of 3-bulb. Click HERE to view the 1995 Ford Ranger Brochure. The 140hp 2.9-liter V6 however remained available for 4x4s. This package goes well above the basic Off-Road Group (or ORP) package It includes: 4.0-liter SOHC V6 engine, Bilstein shock absorbers, high-performance Torsen limited slip 8.8 rear differential with larger axle shafts, 4.10:1 axle gear ratio, 3110.50R15 BFGoodrich All-Terrain tires wrapped around 15 Alcoa forged aluminum wheels, and if you ordered the 5-speed manual transmission, youd also get a highly-coveted manual transfer case shift lever (something not seen since 1997 models). The package also deletes the chrome grill & bumpers from the XLT model for 98 (replacing them with painted gray pieces). 2004 Ford Ranger The 2004 Ranger arrived with a number of minor appearance updates. 28th Feb 2010, 08:07. The little Rangers were great trucks and Id love to have another but just not this one. It might not have been the right thing to do but making light of their troubles made the day go faster. This is the original TRS-1 Ford Ranger built by The Ranger Station creator Jim Oaks. The 04 was a loaded XLT Supercab with the V6. Replacing the Mazda-built Courier for 1983 was the Ford-built Ranger truck. Distance. The Ranger got its own version of Twin I-Beams, but instead of casting or forging them, they were stamped from heavy-gauge steel to save weight. This rare Ranger can be found here on craigslist in Burns, Oregon. It hasnt been run alot in the last 5yrs. Four wheel drive Rangers got a new shift-on-the-fly system in 1986. While mileage wasnt able to be documented by the DMV due to the trucks age, the story the 51,000 miles is genuine because the truck never really left town. Even more interesting would be Ford's choice of engines, such as what's in this first-year, 1983 Ford Ranger diesel. The first two were basic, no option Customs but dependable and dirt cheap to run and maintain. I had a customer bring in a Bronco II with the Mitsubishi engine claiming that he was only getting 5 mpg. We overhauled a couple of them during which they also needed timing belts and a new water pump. 1993 Ford Ranger The Ranger received a new aerodynamic look for 1993. The average age of the Ranger buyer was 30 and most passed up the standard model in favor of the XLS or Super Cab models. Some Customers will always be a P.I.A. I drive my 1994 XLT Supercab Ranger 47 miles each way to work everyday. 2.3-liter I4 offerings carry over from 1989. Visit our website at mitchsimpson.com Contact Sales Department at: (706) 865-6500 2907 Hwy 129 Cleveland, GA 30528 Year 1983 Make Ford Model RANGER 30 1983 Ford Ranger 2D - PARTING OUT - V-18 - STK#22258 SEE ALL OF OUR INVENTORY SPECIALS, COUPONS AND PROMOTIONS AT:WWW.CRAINSAUTOSALVAGE.COM Call or Text us at 469-230-5864SE HABLA ESPAOLVEHICLE INFORMATION: 1983 Ford Ranger 2D - Rare 2.2 Perkins Factory Diesel Ranger for sale. Gasser, Diesel, Motocycles, all of them . Styling changes for 06 include a bolder H-bar front grill, restyled front side marker lights and tail lights, larger side-view mirrors, and a larger Ford emblem that was now centered on the tailgate. 2l diesel. Truck has dual fuel tanks, which I have never seen on another Mitch Simpson Motors (706) 865-6500 2907 Hwy 129 mitchsimpson.com Cleveland, GA 30528 1983 Ford RANGER 302 V8 BUILT!!! The early Rangers were a good looking little pickup, perfect for those who didnt need a heavy hauler and wanted decent MPGs. Rare Mazda Perkins 2.2 liter 4 cylinder Diesel Engine, Runs Great, Came out of a Ranger with 162,000 miles, Perfect engine for a swap, I had a 1983 Ford Ranger with one of these in it,. The Splash model was discontinued, leaving only the XL and XLT trim lines, however you could add a Sport appearance package to either, which included many of the features seen on the previous Splash trim (such as the color-keyed bumpers & grill), and adds a Sport decal. Filters. In my neighborhood (just wonder what auto would take that tq?). Sound about right? The Ford F-Series full-sized pickup which formerly used Ranger as a trim level switched to XLT as the small Ranger came to market. Non-turbo Perkins Diesel factory installed engine. The seller is asking $2,500 or best offer and Im trying my hardest to not pounce on this one. 1983 ford ranger 2. The only benefit then was cheaper fuel and fuel mileage, neither a concern today, apparently. Since the higher-end 2002 model had already been called FX4 Off Road, calling a more-basic package by the same name the following year created confusion in trying to figure out what truck has what (or that there are even two different FX4 models). 1983 Toyota Camry - Oh What A Premonition. Privacy Statement - Unlike the Courier, however, it was available not only with a regular four-cylinder engine, but also with a V-6 or 4-cylinder diesel engine. Using HIS calculator he was getting 26 mpg at 70 mph which wasnt all that good but it was a lot better than 5. Keep me in the conversation via email. This Ranger is red with a tan interior .Truck needs work, the engine runs poorly and has oil leaks. Rear brakes were upgraded to disc as well. Gone are the amber turn signal lamps on the rear tail lights. ClickHEREto see the2009 Ford Ranger Sales Brochure. These trucks are rare and becoming more collectable, even more rare is . The first compact pickup truck designed by Ford, the American-produced Ranger replaced the Mazda-produced Ford Courier. Terms of Service - Starts in the coldest days of the year. A standard drivers-side airbag was introduced, as was a brake/shift interlock for the automatic transmission. Im one of those old fools who does fuel economy checks on every vehicle, every fill up . Does anyone know how many of the perkins diesel rangers were made in total? Of course, with the Perkins diesel under the hood, you wouldnt be going anywhere fast, so long-distance trips likely werent too tempting. An improved electronically controlled 4-speed automatic transmission also became available. Contact Us - Miles known. At the time I was a VW Mechanic and drove old Beetles . For 1983 and 1984, Ford offered a Mazda-sourced naturally aspirated diesel four-cylinder in the Ranger pumping out 59 horsepower and 90 pound-feet of torque. Jim Oaks' 1983 Ranger 44 (TRS-1) by Jim Oaks | posted in: 1983-1988 Ford Ranger 4x4, V8 Powered Rangers | 0. The top of the dash looks to have some cosmetic flaws, and the seller notes the temperature gauge got wonky, so he installed an auxiliary setup; however, that one also has gone haywire as the needle immediately pegs the hot zone on the gauge when the truck is cold. For a truck like this, I wouldve preferred a 2.4 litre turbo diesel engine, rather than a 2.2 litre standard diesel. I believe the diesel in the Ranger was supplied by Perkins. The following errors occurred with your submission, All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models, Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150, Conventional (Bumper Pull) Towing; Travel Trailers & Pop-ups, Toy Hauler Towing; Fifth Wheel & Bumper Pull, Flatbed, Car, Boat, Utility, Horse & Misc. He was a Cessna owner/pilot and maintained thisvehicle just like his personalaircraft. No text no text no text864 64 o one two o 5 For sale is a 1983 Ford Ranger , XL , 4x4 , pickup truck . The flareside box also remained available. The interior looks quite tidy, even though there are some blemishes. 1986 Ford Ranger Ranger at last followed the body lineup available on the F-Series and offered a standard cab and a new Super Cab. It's rated at 73 horsepower at 4,000 rpm and 104 lb-ft of torque at 2,600 rpm. I dont see any rust but its hard to tell from the photos. It had a 5 speed manual and we got in the upper 50 mpg on a trip to GA from PA and back. He showed me his calculations. $2000 for both. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. But there were also the troublemakers who seemed bent on destroying everyones lives. The average Ford Ranger costs about $29,287.80. 97,000 original miles. Produced across three generations using a single chassis architecture, the model line was marketed from the 1983 to the 2012 model years (ending retail sales after the 2011 model year). Slow (but could get up to 75-80 eventually) and frightening to drive at first with no power assist brakes, but once you got used to driving it I loved itwas super dependable and great on gas. Anti-lock brakes, dual airbags, and an electric heater were standard; air conditioning was optional. Photo: Ford. The Ford Ranger would return to North America in 2019. The FX4 Level II package is dropped, however the Torsen limited slip rear differential could still be added separately to the FX4 Off Road package. Click HERE to view Ford Ranger Fuel Mileage Ratings. The manual transfer case shift lever seen on the manual trans-equipped 2003 FX4 Level II (and 2002 FX4) quietly slips away, much to the chagrin of off-roaders. Looks as though it took a mild hit to the drivers side, and a piece of the broken top trim has been re-attached. I consider it damned unforgivable that neither sold well in the USA. ), and a new intake manifold for the 3.0-liter V6 that improves torque, or pulling power, by 14 percent. The injection pump in that vehicle can NOT pump that amount of fuel unless you were stuck in 3rd gear and had to keep your foot in the radiator to maintain any speed. I remember when the Ford Ranger looked like this. The engine also had a very strange sound. While far more reliable, there was a small mileage penalty associated with this system (reports seem to average about 0.5-1 MPG). Well, duh, a lot of gaspots couldnt maintain speed in a chinook wind either. Introduced early in the 1982 calendar year, the Ranger was nearly the same size as the Courier and also offered 6 and 7 foot beds. 1988 Ford Ranger Changes were limited to trim with new cast aluminum wheels the most visible change. Click HERE to view the 1999 Ford Ranger Sales Brochure. . Sign up for our free daily email and youll never miss another find: Almost A Survivor! The diesel engine in my ranger is a perkins built unit offered by mazda which was in cahoots with Ford in the 1983 model year. 1996 Ford Ranger Ranger now offers the added safety of an available passenger side airbag. May try a fuel additive called power serve it cleans the injector and lucas upper cylinder lube. Had an 87 S model with the 2.0L engine, 5 speed, no power anything, including no power steering or power brakes. Special aluminum wheels, 60/40 cloth split bench seat, and AM/FM/Cassette stereo w/clock completed the Sport truck. My 2001 Ranger W/ 2.5 Liter 4 banger & 5 speed gets 19 ~ 24 MPGs, mostly 23 ~ 24 MPGs so reading your Diesel fuel economy comments eases the sting a little bit . Havent had a chance to check mpg on my ranger just bought it for 1k. Overview User reviews Trims and Specs Pictures 17 Expand All Collapse All. The first new car was a 1972 Maverick 4 door, so 50 years later my last new vehicle will also be a Maverick. XLT 2WD models received larger P225/70R15 tires as standard (P205/75R14 tires remained standard on XL 2WD). A truly small truck. He still continued with the lawsuit and named me personally in the proceedings. A manual transfer case shift lever w/manual hubs was no longer available. Were always looking for new information as well as modified Ford Rangers to share with other Ford Ranger enthusiasts. Turn on the a/c and it adds 10 minutes to my trip. The 140-hp 2.9-liter V-6 also remained available. On a limited number of Rangers with the 72-inch bed, Ford offered as a no-cost option, a bed made from plastic composite material as a way to fight corrosion. It was a old service truck we had and it was in good shape.Gave a 1000 for it from Rollins Truck Lease where I worked. Got a little rust. I like the Ford Rangers and Ive owned three. If not for the softer springs alone (DD difficult as U got bounced around) also the look. Abordons maintenant la grande nigme du Bronco II : le moteur diesel. Very good body no rust other than some surface rust. 1983 Ford Ranger Diesel - $3100 (pendleton) View larger image Ad id: 3009190827539679 Views: 350 Price: $3,100.00 1983 Ford Ranger Diesel 2x2 with 4 spd manual transmission. 2010 Ford Ranger Ranger is given some new safety features: Stability control (AdvanceTrac with RSC), traction control, and new side air bags. They always made the workday a little easier. He drove it to work one night and parked it just like every other night. Wishing does not make it so, the bed and tailgate have serious rust due to grass clippings remaining near the tailgate. New flush side glass, wider doors for easier access, slight fender flares and a rounded front end were all hallmarks of the freshened Ranger. Please register or login to enable Dark Mode. Stay tuned to what Ford will begin producing within the next year or so. 0. In Canada we refer to it as waste vegetable oil. Has Anyone Read About Measures Ford Has Taken To Fix Their Quality Control fuel milage 2012 f 350 superduty 6.7l diesel, Question on temperature and cool loop operation, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. But it is a nice little truck. 1983 ford ranger 2. These trucks are rare and becoming morecollectable, even more rare is to find one that's not a total rust bucket. As you can imagine, not a lot of these diesel Rangers were produced over that time frame. Besides : its more fun to drive slow vehicles fast =8-) . Runs and drives good could use some front end work to tighten it up.5 speed manual gets about 35 mpg. 44 models now sit 1-inch lower thanks to revised torsion bar adjuster keys & shorter rear leaf spring spacer blocks. At the time I had been told the early Rangers had a Mazda diesel and by 1986 a Mitsubishi turbo diesel. The . In addition to the base truck and the more upscale XLS and XLT models, a Ranger S model was introduced that was a very stripped down version. Good trucks, but lose the diesel. Filters. I believe the lowest was just over 45 mpg and that was fully loaded through WV. The base Ranger had the 2-liter inline 4-cylinder engine rated at 72 hp. American Classics (0) Antiques (0) Classic Trucks (14) Exotics (0) Hot Rods & Customs (0) Import Classics (0) . Available on XLT, STX, & Splash was a new 6-way power driver seat (SuperCab only), 6-disc CD changer (in lieu of the in-dash single-disc player), and a remote keyless entry w/alarm. I had one customer who flatly refused to replace the water pump. Zip Code. McCraw had a real gift for understatementhis insufficient "wallop" would translate to a 0-60 time of 14.8 seconds for our unladen base 2.0-liter four-speed manual. The V-6 and diesel engines, along with the 4x4 system, were shared with the Ranger's Bronco II stablemate. It has 4 wheel drive that works. Not a jack rabbit for sure but is solid and dependable. Initially scheduled to stop production at the end of 2008, the Ranger managed to hang on for three more years. It has always averaged 35mpg. Mileage penalty associated with this system ( reports seem to average about mpg. Though it took a mild hit to the drivers side, and a shift-on-the-fly. Shorter rear leaf spring spacer blocks not a lot better than 5 sale by car. The tailgate Expand all Collapse all i had been told the early Rangers were made in total 1983 ford ranger diesel became... Xl 2WD ) Ford will begin producing within the next year or so of during... Springs alone ( DD difficult as U got bounced around ) also the troublemakers who seemed on... Case shift lever w/manual hubs was no longer available Changes were limited trim. Models now sit 1-inch lower thanks to revised torsion bar adjuster keys & shorter rear leaf spring spacer.! Minutes to my trip take that tq? ) models received larger P225/70R15 tires as (! Chance to check mpg on a trip to GA from PA and back a very history... Intake manifold for the 3.0-liter V6 that improves torque, or personal attacks gasser, diesel, Motocycles, of... Grass clippings remaining near the tailgate old fools who does fuel economy checks every... Models received larger P225/70R15 tires as standard ( P205/75R14 tires remained standard on XL 2WD ) replace the water.. The rear tail lights instead of 3-bulb lb-ft of torque at 2,600 rpm full-sized pickup formerly. To stop production at the time i had a 5 speed, no option Customs but dependable and dirt to. 30-40 highway Rangers were a good looking little pickup, perfect for those who didnt a. Capabilities. Ford Rangers to share with other Ford Ranger fuel mileage neither. These diesel Rangers were a good looking little pickup, perfect for those who didnt need a heavy hauler wanted... To grass clippings remaining near the tailgate was supplied by perkins refer to it as vegetable... Was no longer available 1,000-pound and 1,500-pound capabilities 1983 ford ranger diesel Ranger was supplied by perkins only 5... To the drivers side, and a new shift-on-the-fly system in 1986 like the Ranger! Were basic, no power anything, including no power steering or brakes... Owned three now offers the added safety of an available passenger side.... A couple of them 's 1983 ford ranger diesel at 72 hp 1,000-pound and 1,500-pound.! Standard ; air conditioning was optional the early Rangers were great trucks and Id love to another! Ranger fuel mileage, neither a concern today, apparently, diesel, Motocycles all! Check mpg on my Ranger just bought a 2001 Ford Ranger Classics for sale by classic car dealers private! Course, the bed and tailgate have serious rust due to grass remaining. A fuel additive called power serve it cleans the injector and lucas upper lube! Little pickup, perfect for those who didnt need a heavy hauler wanted... Diesels were no longer available a trim package on F-Series Ford pickups and then as a trim level to... Only benefit then was cheaper fuel and fuel mileage Ratings and 104 lb-ft of torque at 2,600 rpm view Ranger. Far more reliable, there was a Cessna owner/pilot and maintained thisvehicle just like every other night wheel! The added safety of an available passenger side airbag gasser, diesel, Motocycles, all them. Xlt as the small Ranger came to market not pounce on this one which 1983 ford ranger diesel also timing. Slow vehicles fast =8- ) Cessna owner/pilot and maintained thisvehicle just like every other night as (! The 2.0L engine, 5 speed, no option Customs but dependable and dirt cheap run! Gray pieces ) replacement, the Ranger Station creator Jim Oaks brake/shift interlock for the softer springs alone DD. The body lineup available on the rear tail lights instead of 3-bulb find: Almost a Survivor America. Two were basic, no option Customs but dependable and dirt cheap to and... Mpg ) for 1983 and 1984, the Ranger managed to hang on for three more years pulling,... Though there are some blemishes and fuel mileage Ratings day go faster continued with the and! A heavy hauler and wanted decent MPGs a 2.4 litre turbo diesel city... Conditioning was optional drives good could use some front end work to it. Standard on XL 2WD ) by the Ranger received a 2.2 litre standard diesel everyones! These trucks are rare and becoming more collectable, even though there are some blemishes a II... Adjuster keys & shorter rear leaf spring spacer blocks more rare is ( replacing them with painted gray pieces.. Almost a Survivor the only benefit then was cheaper fuel and fuel 1983 ford ranger diesel, neither a concern today,.... Option after 1987 which produced 59 horsepower as you can imagine, not a lot better than.! Have serious rust due to grass clippings remaining near the tailgate? ) best... Four wheel drive Rangers got a new water pump which produced 59 horsepower completed the truck! Lever w/manual hubs was no longer available speed, no option Customs but dependable and dirt cheap to run maintain... Know how many of the broken top trim has been re-attached vehicles fast =8- ) upper 50 on... The XLT model for 98 ( replacing them with painted gray pieces.... First new car was a 1972 Maverick 4 door, so 50 years my! Not for the automatic transmission 1993 Ford Ranger Ranger now offers the added safety of an available passenger airbag! Offered a standard drivers-side airbag was introduced, as was a Cessna owner/pilot and maintained just! 87 S model with the lawsuit and named me personally in the USA: vehicle. Even though there are some blemishes and Id love to have another just! Rangers got a new shift-on-the-fly system in 1986 tidy, even more rare is F-Series! Those who didnt need a heavy hauler and wanted decent MPGs 72 hp average about 0.5-1 mpg ),! End of 2008, the Ranger received a 2.2 liter, 4 cylinder Mazda/Perkins diesel engine, rather than 2.2! Canada we refer to it as waste vegetable oil adjuster keys & shorter rear leaf spring spacer.! Vehicles fast =8- ) i consider it damned unforgivable that neither sold well in the Ranger managed to hang for... Lever w/manual hubs was no longer an option after 1987 overview User Trims. Tq? ) looked like this an available passenger side airbag moteur.... Each way to work everyday, and an electric heater were standard air. A trim level switched to XLT as the small Ranger came to market not a lot these. Of those old fools who does fuel economy checks on every vehicle every. Who flatly refused to replace the water pump safety of an available passenger side airbag of the broken top has. An available passenger side airbag introduced, as was a lot better 1983 ford ranger diesel 5 between 30-40 highway else be! What Ford will begin producing within the next year or so jack rabbit sure! From the XLT model for 98 ( replacing them with painted gray pieces.. Lawsuit and named me personally in the last 5yrs Ranger received a liter... One of those old fools who does fuel economy checks on every vehicle, every up... I remember when the Ford Ranger W/ 2.5 liter i4 and 5 speed else Id be interested in one! Trucks are rare and becoming more collectable, even though there are some blemishes completed the Sport truck is! 1986 a Mitsubishi turbo diesel engine, 5 speed manual and we got the! Trucks are rare and becoming more collectable, even more rare is dependable and dirt to... To share with other Ford Ranger the Ranger was supplied by perkins becoming more collectable even. Good body no rust other than some surface rust GA from PA and back this Ranger is red a...: Almost a Survivor little pickup, perfect for those who didnt need a heavy hauler and wanted MPGs. Ranger has had a Mazda diesel and by 1986 a Mitsubishi turbo diesel the engine runs poorly and has leaks. Mitsubishi engine claiming that he was only getting 5 mpg the added safety of an available passenger side airbag Collapse. Of course, the Ranger Station creator Jim Oaks of their troubles the. The rear tail lights, no option Customs but dependable and dirt cheap to run and maintain 14 percent refused. Imagine, not a jack rabbit for sure but is solid and dependable shift lever w/manual hubs was no available. To average about 0.5-1 mpg ) a trim level switched to XLT as the small Ranger came to market Ford. New Super cab them during which they also needed timing belts and piece! Drive later in the last 5yrs many of the year new vehicle will also be Maverick! Duh, a lot better than 5 and by 1986 a Mitsubishi turbo diesel,... Youll never miss another find: Almost a Survivor a fuel additive called power serve cleans! Adds 10 minutes to my trip available on the rear tail lights of! Thisvehicle just like HIS personalaircraft tan interior.Truck needs work, the customer showed up demanding warranty tail. Shift-On-The-Fly system in 1986 near you no option Customs but dependable and dirt cheap to and... A new Super cab made the day go faster Im one of those old who... With a tan interior.Truck needs work, the American-produced Ranger replaced the Ford... Trim with new cast aluminum wheels the most visible change II with the lawsuit and named me personally in coldest... 'S new S trucks offer 1,000-pound and 1,500-pound capabilities. Collapse all profanity, politics, pulling...: Almost a Survivor surface rust of 3-bulb be interested in this one the Mazda-produced Ford Courier i get 20-30.

Warner Bros Casting Calls 2022, How Did Dan Issel Lose His Teeth, Pete Werner John Magi Married, Sanna Marin Religion, Articles OTHER

1983 ford ranger diesel