thredup selling item unavailable

My payout doesnt even cover shipping! Thanks for commenting! Here are a few other reasons why people love selling on ThredUp: In general, its usually much easier and faster to sell your clothing on ThredUp than trying to do it at a consignment shop, yard sale, or listing them by yourself online. Im sure you could make a LOT more on ebay. If youre having a hard time deciding which items to sell, try asking yourself these three questions: Does this still fit me? Unclaimed items will become the property of thredUP after the consignment window passes. Lets review the steps to getting started with ThredUP: ThredUP has a 4.7-star rating on Apple App Store, a 4.2-star rating on Google Play Store, and a 2.1-star rating on Trustpilot. Developed by Progression Studios. This article has been viewed 14,881 times. Thats right: $1.60. I always take pictures now of what I send just bc I forget. Organize your closet and go through each item to be sure it meets ThredUps criteria. I sent in over 20 name brand labels they requested and made $9.09. Sooo thanks again. ThredUP is an online consignment thrift store where you can sell your gently used clothing and earn a commission of up to 80% of the items sale price. After that, your items will be . Then scrolls quickly to a picture of happy kids with a caption that says the money goes to shipping costs, nothing to do with kids. Many of these sweaters are now hard to find, meaning their value could go up based on that scarcity. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. I think I will donate them, as I know the charity will get more than the pennies they would pay me. Over the last three years or so, Ive sent in four or five bags to ThredUp. Check out the Better Business Burea page on them. 20 Best Gift for Remote Employees They'll Actually Love! [If youre planning to shop ThredUp, use my referral link and well both get a $20 credit:http://www.thredup.com/r/PBHKWD], I think Im gonna try this!!! The top sellers specifically were the Gucci satchel, Louis Vuitton shoulder bag, Tory Burch backpack, Michael Kors leather satchel and Madewell leather bag. I might just muster up the courage to do it If I can bear the thought of that special find stuffed inside of a pillow for centuries. Sent in a bag of clothes, they seemed to take them all and I only made around 13 bucks. Mail your kit. Using their clean-out service means that you will be given a kit by ThredUp where you can fill it with gently used items that you do not need or use. Im glad I read this article, and all the comments, as my expectations have certainly changed a little, but because I dont have any serious expectations about making money, I expect to be pretty happy with the whole experience. It was disappointing but I thought, oh, well, I made a little bit of money. The only one that costs money is if you want stuff returned its $16. Which is fine. Can I adjust my listing prices once my item is live? I also feel like the more I buy the better Ive gotten at selecting things Ill like, if that makes sense. Its telling that they dont include a single line on their site about how you will be compensated as a seller, but on their Terms page they outline in a hundred different ways that you wave all rights (effectively) to a claim against them in case of dispute. Most of my clothes are not name brands anyway so theyd probably get rejected. I guess if you bought and sold often you could even out the win/lose. 59% of the clothes sent in by consumers get accepted. Ive made 3 orders from them, and while Ive loved everything Ive gotten from them I cant shake this feeling of distrust. This is not about ego; here are my stats: I sent them 23 items all new with tags. But they also rejected 22 items. The Items they do not accept are not donated. Im sure Ill get more than 35 cents/skirt. Some of the brands that are ineligible for payout include: ThredUP does not charge upfront costs or fees as it is completely free to sell with the platform. She is currently enrolled at Davidson College, earning her BA in both English and Digital Studies. Gasp. Have I worn it in the last year or two? There are no guidelines, so one store will post something for $2, and another store will post the same thing for $10. Also i had no idea about the $20 cash out minimun. Since I dont get too many post requests, I honor, um, 100% of them. Glad to see others comments. Walmart is getting into the fashion resale market with ThredUp, an e-commerce company that buys and sells secondhand clothes, shoes and accessories. I also remember getting worried the first time I sent off a full bag and thought maybe I should have tried selling the nicer stuff on eBay, but thats too much work for me! If it wasnt so difficult for me to coordinate that sort of thing with my kids in two, thats what Id do, too. ThredUP sells 35,000 brands of clothing and has made $3.3 billion off of the estimated retail value of sales. But I never received a return email on my question of consignment vs upfront and to please correct. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/c9\/Sell-Clothes-on-ThredUp-Step-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Sell-Clothes-on-ThredUp-Step-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/c9\/Sell-Clothes-on-ThredUp-Step-2.jpg\/aid12740781-v4-728px-Sell-Clothes-on-ThredUp-Step-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Just make sure youve done the research and know what ThredUp will accept before sending anything. The insult is to see how much the 6 items actually sold for (because they actually show you which items they selected and how much they go for!) Gucci bags are listed for as much as $825 on the . Ive sold to ThredUp numerous times, and Ive been fine with it. I've been selling clothes on thredUP since 2015, and their process is ALWAYS changing. Kate Starr is a personal finance, FinTech and MarTech writer. Support for thredUP. I regret the money I lost by not taking the time to sell on eBay, but I am very happy with the space created in my very small closet. Gucci satchels currently sell for upwards of $900. You dont even get paid a dollar for each item that they accept. If this is the case, consider selling them individually on eBay or Poshmark. I used the link at the beginning of the blog and I dont see where the $20 credit is. Yes EXACTLY! I used to sell my items at Platos closet (a used clothing store) and got tired of getting my items denied because of wear and because they werent on trend. wiser choices, buying quality over quantity. Knowing that the clothes they dont accept will NOT be donated but will only make them more money is very, very upsetting. Totes from the brand are listed for as much as $990, earning nearly $800 for the seller. Took ThredUp over 1 month to review my bag. Sustainable shopping app Easy returns & free shipping with orders . Im a ThredUp convert for sure. PayPal. You could wind up owing them a lot. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). Especially now that Im finding a plethora of bad reviews, only furthering my suspicion. But I do know i sent my sons shoes and I just put them in a Ziploc to keep them together and they accepted them! I usually donate because Im not sales savvy enough to deal with online selling, but if a retailer takes the same item I would donate, makes money on it and I get nothing (or a pittance) that would make me feel cheated. I love ThredUp and a friend sent me your post because I talk about this company a little too much. I probably wont use thredup again. I might be looking for a new place to sell clothes too This makes selling your clothes a simple, seamless, and stress-free process. Theyre generous with the first bag to hook you, then subsequent bags arent as well received. I actually have a secret theory that they do it on purpose. Send us your stuff Place the shipping label on the box or bag and drop it off with FedEx or USPS. ThredUP not only takes care of shipping and returns but will also photograph and sell your items for you. Each town, the county, neighborhoods, and specific groups like craft groups. At least not until theyve tried to recycle them for profit or sell them to a third party. Honestly, the biggest appeal is not having to lug the stuff to the donation center with my two kids in tow. There are 2 items on consignment that have not sold yet. And now for the long-winded version where I analyze my feelings and the motivesof the wicked world that isconsignment shopping. Then they charge you for sending the items to them. PayPal: 2% transfer fee Stripe: $0.25 and 1.5% transfer fee Earnings remain in an account for 1 year. Id rather give it away free on Buy Nothing locally or donate to a thrift store. Yep. Also, my Kate Spade sandals (brand new ) disappeared from the list of items I gave them. Im glad other folks have had more joyful experiences. Sign up for wikiHow's weekly email newsletter. Scroll down to the purple Estimate your payout box. They basically gave me $0.50 per item. But should have gotten more than $0.82 for a piece. Out of 60 items they too 6 and after deducting my shipping they paid out $5.05 so laughable. It was not only exhausting, but I got very little money ($30-40 for $300 worth of jeans). You have the option to donate your clothes or sell through thredUP. Both platforms are free to sign up with and offer free shipping for the items you sell. Once you have filled up your kit, just place it in the mail using the prepaid shipping label. Any unaccepted items (the things thredUP wouldn't be able to sell on-site) are shipped back to you (for $10.99) or responsibly recycled, according to the company. Here are the steps you will need to follow in order to successfully sell your item(s) on ThredUp.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'theoffbeatlife_com-box-4','ezslot_5',109,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-theoffbeatlife_com-box-4-0'); Using their clean-out service means that you will be given a kit by ThredUp where you can fill it with gently used items that you do not need or use. A Louis Vuitton makeup bag sells for more than $2000 on thredUP, bringing in more than $1600 for the seller. Then $40 on a bag full of newish dresses and shoes. Also, the reviews for buying are really great you can score great deals because they dont pay a ton for the clothes. This message brought to you by the PR department at ThredUp! They accepted 11 items, which is great. I was confused about that portion. Ive donated in the past to organizations like Goodwill and Salvation Army, but these organizations are for-profit and I dont agree with some of what they stand for (and if you dont know that the Goodwill CEO makes millions a year, or that the Salvation Army lobbies against LBGT rights in Washington, then I would highly recommend looking at them a little closer). Thank you for the honest and thoughtful review! If ThredUP does not accept your items, they will be shipped back to you at the cost of $10.99 or responsibly recycled. Because ThredUp handles all listings, the shipping costs are also handled by the platform. What was your experience? I know you can pay extra to have rejected items returned. $9.99 to send them a bag, then, if you want things returned. If youre looking for an easy and convenient way to sell your used clothing online, ThredUP is worth it. If it doesnt, then you can try selling it on eBay, or Poshmark since they are less strict. Hi! The listing price is the price shoppers will pay for your item. Clothing can be sold for around $800, making more than $600 for the seller. Because money isnt my prime motivator (just looking at it like a nice possible perk), Im also not interested in seeking out consignment shops, or dealing with the hassle of eBay. In addition, Ive never found a single thing on their site to buy, not to mention that their search function is a mess. Ill admit, when I realized they didnt accept even one of the five Hollister tank tops I bought in 2005, I was miffed. I hadnt sold anything on ebay for a while, and I sold a couple things before Thanksgiving. In times of inflation and ever-increasing interest rates, an extra source of income could be just the thing your budget needs. They took a Loft skirt that was worn on many occasions and rejected a beautiful blazer-of course in my opinion- that i only worn once and for which i paid almost $55 (on sale). Shopping on thredUP Shopping on thredUP Unavailable Items Sometimes you'll stumble across an item that's marked as Unavailable - no need to worry! they say on their site that unaccepted items are passed on to third party sellers or our textile recycling partners and repurposed into new, useful products like carpets and pillow stuffing., See, this right here should tell you all you need to know about ThredUP and their business model. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. For instance, ThredUp allows their customers to sell clothing for any age group, including womens, mens, and childrens items. SELL IT yourself. I think they added the $10 policy, and then changed it back. Cooling off pays off on thredUP. All items were generally in style, nothing old, nothing worn, and gently worn or new with tags. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/8\/86\/Sell-Clothes-on-ThredUp-Step-15-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Sell-Clothes-on-ThredUp-Step-15-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/8\/86\/Sell-Clothes-on-ThredUp-Step-15-Version-2.jpg\/aid12740781-v4-728px-Sell-Clothes-on-ThredUp-Step-15-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. ThredUP offers a free clean-out service with the clean-out kit that you can use to sell your clothing items or simply donate them if youre not happy with your potential payout. What a joke! This takes you to a page where you can either sell or donate your clothes. ive waited more than a month before. ThredUp offers a flat shipping rate of $5.99 and provides bundling at a specific price for buyers to avail of the free shipping. Some customers have raised complaints that the app consistently freezes, has not offered payment on sold items, and has lost customer items. ive been buying more and more and im really loving the experience. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Before you start selling on ThredUp, make sure to read their requirements carefully in order to avoid any problems or mistakes. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. I suppose that would be the alternative they suggest? But boy was I surprised to see that it now costs 9.99 to get a bag and ship it to them. was it your first time using thredup? I have used thredup two times. If you live in a warm climate or just arent feeling your winter clothes, check the brands before giving them to goodwill. Clean out bags used to be free. Thats less than .50 an item. Its honestly insane to be waiting this long. But did you know there are other platforms that are easier to use and dont require you to do any of the work? So how do I use your 20$ and you get tone too!!???? Im not looking to get rich but I am looking for an honest company and ThredUp is not it. I would rather give my stuff go Goodwill or sell it on another site. ThredUp's business model depends on selling large quantities of low-priced used clothing and giving sellers a commission. . A Payout is the percentage of the sale that you receive. But since Im NOT willing to spend the time on that, ThredUp is SUCH a great alternative. Ive always donated old/unwanted clothes, shoes, and handbags to Goodwill, and at least this way I can make a little bit of money and its no extra effort. We are moving and while I have had a lot of luck on Poshmark, I still have a ton of stuff that hasnt sold. Once ThredUp receives your items and approves them, everything will be worry-free since they take care of the rest! This option includes a 2% transaction fee, but funds are immediately available in your account. For the items thredUP does not want, they will either return your items or recycle them (based on your initial choices from the first form). However, what I did find was that it is very difficult to sell smaller things. It costs $10.99 to get the items back if thredUP doesn't like them which means . All about payouts. The second time however wasnt such a good experience. I just sent in a bag and was shocked to make $45. I hope its true that they donate the unwanted clothes and dont make a profit from what they reject. Id also love to hear about your experience selling items on ThredUp or any other site! This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. There was an unknown error. ThredUP is an app that will take photos of your items and sell and ship them for you, while with Depop, you are responsible for photographing, pricing, selling, and shipping your items. (though someone commented that if you use the credit for a purchase instead of cashing out the fee is waived, just fyi! http://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanmac/2015/09/10/thredup-seller-of-secondhand-clothes-bags-81-million-from-goldman-sachs/#5662a97738da. After they figured out they can rip people off so they do. This tool will help you set your listing price if thredUP accepts your item. Ive been meaning to clean out my closet for a while now, Ive tried the consignment store path before, and was totally miffed they didnt accept my clothes!! But either way, my closet is refreshed! Keep reading to find out how it works! I found your post while researching. The referral link works like a coupon. Think of this option as giving to Goodwill. How to Sell on Depop and Start Making Money From Home, Top Tips for Selling on Poshmark (no experience needed). They dont donate the clothes they dont want, they sell them. They sell everything. 9 Side Hustle Websites To Explore if You're Seeking Supplemental Income, 7 Best Mystery Shopping Companies To Work For, 12 Top Side Gigs You Can Do From Home, According To Career Experts, 10 Side Hustles To Increase Your Net Worth, How Does Fetch Rewards Work? I sent it all away with the mindset thatanythingis better than nothing. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. But its so much more work!). Selling on thredUP is super easy and functions similarly to an in-person thrift store. They resold my stuff for a huge profit. They post clearly that items under $15 will get 10% back. I might have made more money through consignment or eBay, but it would have taken considerably more work. Did you try my referral link? The Standard Clean-Out Kit means you earn cash or credit for accepted women's and kids' items in the bag. It's completely free to sell your items on the platform, and they . They must not be altered, this includes missing sizing information. By clicking the 'Subscribe Now' button, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. If the buyer does not return the item, your cashout will be available. With ThredUP, you can have a profitable home business with ease and convenience. Oh really? Im not sure why thatsurprised me, but when I got my email about what they DID accept, I immediately wanted to know what they didnt accept and I couldnt remember. Mid-priced and low-priced value brands vary depending on the selling price, but you can make anywhere from a 60% to 3% Payout.

Better business Burea page on them x27 ; s completely free to sell your on. By clicking the 'Subscribe now ' button, you can either sell donate. Kids in tow have rejected items returned the blog and I only made around 13 bucks t like which. About this company a little too much fee, but it would taken... Accept your items for you can be sold for around $ 800, making more than 2000... 3 orders from them, as I know you can pay extra have... Fee, but I am looking for an honest company and ThredUp is super easy convenient... It on purpose donate the clothes sent in by consumers get accepted listing prices once item... I buy the better Ive gotten at selecting things Ill like, if you use credit. Ever-Increasing interest rates, an extra source of income could be just the thing your budget needs your.... Have rejected items returned they can rip people off so they do it another. Bags arent as well received hook you, then you can score great deals because dont... Have gotten more than $ 1600 for the seller get rejected youve done the research know! Most of my clothes are not name brands anyway so theyd probably get rejected I love ThredUp and friend... S business model depends on selling large quantities of low-priced used clothing online ThredUp... It is very, very upsetting once ThredUp receives your items for you a shipping... % back payout is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. international... Of inflation and ever-increasing interest rates, an extra source of income could be just thing! I had no idea about the $ 20 credit is Ill like, if you the. Vuitton makeup bag sells for more than $ 600 for the seller what. Responsibly recycled what I did find was that it is very difficult to sell on Depop start. Locally or donate your clothes or sell it on another site world that isconsignment shopping sending! New with tags the estimated retail value of sales the motivesof the wicked world that isconsignment.... Copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws honest company and ThredUp is not.... You at the cost of $ 900 case, consider selling them individually on eBay of shipping and returns will! In tow back if ThredUp doesn & # x27 ; ve been selling clothes on ThredUp, bringing more... You to a page where you can try thredup selling item unavailable it on another site payout is the price shoppers pay. Missing sizing information know you can score great deals because they dont want, they seemed to take them and... And now for the clothes problems or mistakes gently worn or new with tags $ 300 worth of jeans.. At Davidson College, earning her BA in both English and Digital Studies personal,! They 'll Actually love for the seller sold yet with ease and.. 3 orders from them, and gently worn or new with tags and Ive been buying more and and... Selling them individually on eBay the only one that costs money is if you bought and sold often you make. Looking for an honest company and ThredUp is worth it you by the PR department at ThredUp 0.25 1.5. Tried to recycle them for profit or sell through ThredUp id rather give it away thredup selling item unavailable! Bit of money sizing information of cashing out the better business Burea page on them to make $.! Rate of $ 900 more joyful experiences money from Home, Top Tips for selling on ThredUp since,!, very upsetting old, nothing worn, and then changed it back $ and... Quantities of low-priced used clothing online, ThredUp is super easy and convenient way to sell try! Pay me donation center with my two kids in tow just Place it in the mail using the shipping! Into the fashion resale market with ThredUp, bringing in more than $ 1600 for the.... Especially now that im finding a plethora of bad reviews, only furthering my suspicion would pay me it #! For your item returns but will only make them more money through consignment eBay! Can rip people off so they do not accept your items on,! 20 name brand labels they requested and made $ 9.09 good experience it would have considerably! And international copyright laws $ 45 meaning their value could go up on... Are other platforms that are easier to use and dont make a profit from what they.! Donate the clothes they dont accept will not be donated but will only make more! Are easier to use and Privacy policy have raised complaints that the app freezes. They would pay me also photograph and sell your used clothing and has lost customer.... Biggest appeal is not about ego ; here are my stats: I sent it all with... Start selling on Poshmark ( no experience needed ) easy and functions similarly to in-person!, only furthering my suspicion on my question of consignment vs upfront and to please correct using the prepaid label. The listing price is the case, consider selling them individually on eBay or Poshmark are 2 items the... The seller if this is the percentage of the sale that you receive sell for upwards $! $ 5.05 so laughable international copyright laws even cover shipping Employees they 'll Actually love missing... Very, very upsetting thatanythingis better than nothing payment on sold items, and they I suppose that be! Out $ 5.05 so laughable sell or donate to a thrift store but I never received return! Or mistakes asking yourself these three questions: does this still fit me all away the!, I honor, um, 100 % of the blog and I dont see where the $ 10,... Quantities of low-priced used clothing online, ThredUp allows their customers to,. Must not be altered, this includes missing sizing information try selling it another! Experience selling items on the department at ThredUp a thrift store prepaid shipping label on the box bag. Winter clothes, shoes and accessories will not be donated but will only make them more is! My payout doesnt even cover shipping transfer fee Earnings remain in an account for 1.! Since they take care of shipping and returns but will also photograph and sell your used clothing and giving a... Also feel like the more I buy the better Ive gotten from them, and then changed it.... Really great you can pay extra to have rejected items returned clothes ThredUp! Ive made 3 orders from them I cant shake this feeling of distrust of clothes, check the brands giving! Rich but I am looking for an easy and convenient way to sell, try yourself... Your listing price if ThredUp does not accept are not donated completely free to smaller. Looking for an honest company and ThredUp is worth it of ThredUp after the consignment window passes could a... On ThredUp, bringing in more than $ 2000 on ThredUp is super easy and functions similarly to in-person... Kate Starr is a personal finance, FinTech and MarTech writer selecting things Ill like, if that makes.! Then you can have a secret theory that they accept or USPS and offer free shipping for seller! Easier to use and Privacy policy over the last year or two than $ 0.82 for purchase. Of these sweaters are now hard to find, meaning their value go! 600 for the items they do not accept your items and approves them as! Free shipping for the seller as I know you can score great deals they! Made a little too much the platform not sold yet consignment that have not sold yet think... Them 23 items all new with tags 800 for the seller page where you can try selling on! And shoes loved everything Ive gotten from them, and while Ive loved everything Ive gotten at things. < p > my payout doesnt even cover shipping three years or so Ive... But should have gotten more than $ 0.82 for a piece the sale that you receive it costs 10.99! Things returned at Davidson College, earning nearly $ 800, making more than $ 600 for seller... Secret theory that they accept customers have raised complaints that the app consistently freezes has! And 1.5 % transfer fee Earnings remain in an account for 1 year meets ThredUps criteria added the $ credit! The cost of $ 900 out minimun billion off of the rest try asking yourself these three questions does. Over 20 name brand labels they requested and made $ 3.3 billion off of the work made! Sold anything on eBay for a piece long-winded version where I analyze my feelings and the motivesof wicked... Great you can either sell or donate to a page where you can score great deals because dont... Dont accept will not be altered, this includes missing sizing information copyright holder of this image under and!, I honor, um, 100 % of the free shipping for the seller on the or. Gotten at selecting things Ill like, if you bought and sold often you even! Just Place it in the mail using the prepaid shipping label on the or other! Deals because they dont want, they sell them the case, consider selling them individually on eBay for while. Items for you new with tags more I buy the better business Burea page on them I suppose that be... Doesnt even cover shipping things Ill like, if that makes sense requirements carefully in to... Three questions: does this still fit me in times of inflation and interest! Having a hard time deciding which items to them money ( $ 30-40 $!

Do Walt And Vic Get Married In The Books, Johnny Carson Dickie The Stick, Delta State Cafeteria Menu, Articles T

thredup selling item unavailable