wreck on 85 gastonia, nc today

I-85 Accident News; I-85 DOT Accident Reports; I-85 NC Live Traffic Chat Room; Report an Accident; I-85 Gastonia North Carolina Accident Reports. Write by: . Gastonia, NC 28052 Gastonia is the largest of Gaston County's 13 municipalities and one of the largest cities in the Charlotte metropolitan area. Apply today to join Performance Fire's growing team of skilled trade professionals. Mar 24, 2022 06:34am. GASTON COUNTY, N.C. All lanes of northbound Interstate 85 in Gaston County near U.S. 321 are back open after a crash early Thursday morning, police said . . The cause of the wreck is under investigation. Crash closes several lanes on I-85 North near Gastonia. No accidents found in I-85 NC, but you may find more info for each exit below ; I-85 North Carolina accidents near exit. Therapeutic horseback riding opens doors for young riders. Gaston County . Accident victims are forced to deal with hospitalization, medical treatments, missed work, and lost income, often while trying to manage . All pages are copyrighted by Gaston County, or by their respective author - whether a copyright line appears at the bottom or not. If you do not see any markers on the map, try zooming in one or two levels using "+" on the top left side. Updated: 7:41 AM EDT March 24, 2022. That highway will also pick 85 back up. Accident on I85 North. + Caption. 6 hurt after mutli-car crash shut downs part of I-85 in Gaston County for hours. Write a Report. (WSOC) GASTONIA, N.C. A woman who was hospitalized after a motorcycle crash last week has died, according to the Gastonia Police Department on . She lived in Gastonia, roughly 20 miles west of Charlotte. All lanes are blocked on Interstate 85 in Gastonia near U.S. 321 after a fiery truck wreck occurred about 9:56 a.m. Wednesday. The road was closed between Union Road and Windsor Woods Drive for several hours while Gastonia Police investigated. By WSOCTV.com News Staff February 28, 2023 at 7:28 am EST GASTON COUNTY, N.C. Six people were hurt after a multi-car crash on Interstate 85 in Gaston County that shut down part of the road for . Alejandro Acosta, 23, was going between 90 to 100 mph in a 35 mph zone when his Read More, More results in our I-85 Gastonia North Carolina Archives, Wreck on 85 north near Belmont exit traffic at a stop Read More, Bad accident on I85 Northbound just past Hwy 321/N Chester St. Feb. 12, 2023. 1 was here. 2023 Cox Media Group. I-85 Gastonia, NC Accident Reports. Extended benefits: Remote Work, Employee Assistance Program, Accident & Critical Illness Coverage, LegalShield, Professional Development, and more. Constitutional carry bill aims to eliminate handgun permits, Medic: Teen dead, driver seriously injured in crash on I-485 in west Charlotte, Apple closes Northlake Mall store one day after third shooting in past three months, People dont feel safe: Violence at Northlake Mall taking toll on nearby businesses, Medical Marijuana bill passes NC Senate; some cannabis supporters against bill, PLAN AHEAD: Latest Weather Forecast Video, North Carolina Department of Transportation. Get the latest breaking news, sports, entertainment and obituaries in Gastonia, NC from Gaston Gazette. and Tennessee. GASTON COUNTY, N.C. One lane one Interstate 85 in Gaston was blocked Monday morning as state troopers investigated a fatal crash. CMS capital improvement plan moves forward. February 27, 2023 at 2:22 pm EST. FCC Applications. Gastonia traffic updates reporting highway and road conditions with real-time interactive map including flow, delays, accidents, construction, closures, traffic jams and congestion, driving conditions, text alerts, gridlock, and live cameras for the Gastonia area including US 1 and the I-95 corridor as well as other hwys and roads within Gaston county. Click or touch the map to move in different directions. North Carolina. No names have been released. CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - A crash shut down Interstate 85 South in Gaston County Tuesday afternoon. (WATCH BELOW: First diverging diamond in SC now open over I-77 in York County), First diverging diamond in SC now open over I-77 in York County. Accidents/Incidents along I-85 in North Carolina. Least of These Carolinas celebrates 10 years. Mobile Home Rental & Leasing BBB Rating: A+ 17 YEARS IN BUSINESS (704) 865-1001 5004 Crowders Trl Gastonia, NC 28052 CLOSED NOW 12. Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained in these documents, Gaston County does not guarantee the accuracy thereof. In Mecklenburg County which listed 20 businesses in the Green Book from 1947 to . When someone is injured in an accident in North Carolina, it is important to gather information about what happens next. Gastonia, NC. The wreck happened before 7 a.m. in the northbound lanes of I-85 near McAdenville (Exit 23). Exit 19 Hwy 321 I85 N closed at that exit. 85 Lowell Traffic. Interstate crash in Gastonia expected to impact traffic for hours. The crash near the exit to US-321 around 1 p.m. caused the initial . Gastonia, NC. I-85 North near Beatty Drive was shut down for several hours during the early-morning hours, reopening just after 4 a.m. Tuesday. These links are provided only as a service to the user. Eliezer Colon Garcia, 40, of Gastonia, was arrested Friday Read More, One person is dead following a motorcycle crash Thursday afternoon, according to the Gastonia Police Department. motorcycle accident on 152 today 27 Feb. motorcycle accident on 152 today. Gaston EMS officials said six people were taken to the hospital. I-85 Gastonia, NC in the News. GASTONIA, N.C. Gastonia police have closed Highway 321 near Interstate 85 after an accident stemming from a police chase and hostage situation knocked out power along the major thoroughfare . GASTON COUNTY, N.C. Officials say one of three lanes on I-85 Southbound are closed in Gaston County at mile marker 25 near McAdenville at Belmont Mount Holly Road. Fatal car crashes and road traffic accidents in Granite Falls. 85 Kings Mountain Traffic. The interstate reopened just after 4 a.m. Tuesday. Gastonia traffic updates reporting highway and road conditions with real-time interactive map including flow, delays, accidents, construction, closures, traffic jams and congestion, driving conditions, text alerts, gridlock, and live cameras for the Gastonia area including US 1 and the I-95 corridor as well as other hwys and roads within Gaston . Troopers responded to the crash near Gaston . The surrounding road was closed for six hours while crews cleaned up. This station is part of Cox Media Group Television. N.C. I-85 N @ US 321 Traffic Cam. However, they are not always available. Detectives Investigate Now Fatal Collision Involving a Motorcycle . I-85 N @ Bessemer City Rd Traffic Cam. WSOC TV facebook feed(Opens a new window), ALSO READ: Motorcycle passenger dies after crash in Gastonia, 13-year-old girl killed in crash involving tractor-trailer on I-485 in west Charlotte, police say, Shanquella Robinson case needing high-level diplomatic intervention, attorney says, Wells Fargo to close Charlotte-area branch, two others in NC in consolidation move, Shots fired during fight outside Northlake Mall, CMPD says, WSOC - TV Public File Contact / Program Director, WAXN - TV Public File Contact / Program Director. The motorcyclist, who has not been identified, collided with a car shortly after 1 p.m . Browse Lincoln vehicles in Gastonia, NC for sale on Cars.com, with prices under $300,000. Officers said a Volvo driven by a teen was headed west while a motorcycle with one passenger was driving east, headed toward South Highland Street. 2.47 mi Exit 17 nearby Accidents? Interstate 85 North Carolina Live Traffic, Construction and Accident Report, All I-85 Gastonia North Carolina Traffic Cameras, A Gastonia woman died after a motorcycle wreck on West Franklin Boulevard last week. Firehouse.com News. The service requires full cookie support in order to view this website. (WATCH BELOW: Police crackdown on street takeovers in Charlotte), Police crackdown on street takeovers in Charlotte. GASTONIA, N.C. (QUEEN CITY NEWS) - All northbound lanes on Interstate 85 have reopened in Gastonia Thursday morning due to a crash, according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation. All rights reserved. Its not far away https://t.co/Q2kKI1C7Pe, #NCDMV is rolling out a slew of schedule changes starting May 1 to include more walk-in availability and more offic https://t.co/oJtE5uUdw2. "global": { This station is part of Cox Media Group Television. When . real estate practice final exam highest attendance in soccer man found dead in charlotte nc today wreck in salisbury, nc today. There are a couple of options to get back onto I-85 South: Drivers can take Exit 19, turn right onto West Long Avenue, take another right on North York Street, then take a final right onto Highway 321. Please enable cookies on your browser and try again. News - Lincolnton Lincoln County Online Newspaper for News, Sports, Opinion . Lanes arent expected to reopen until 5 p.m. N.C. Closed Captioning/Audio Description. Police say speed was a factor in the crash. I-85 North near Beatty Drive was shut down for several hours. . Latest News. Gaston County Sheriff's Office 425 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Way, Gastonia, NC 28052 CALL 704-869-6800 Constitutional carry bill aims to eliminate handgun permits, Medic: Teen dead, driver seriously injured in crash on I-485 in west Charlotte, Apple closes Northlake Mall store one day after third shooting in past three months, People dont feel safe: Violence at Northlake Mall taking toll on nearby businesses, Medical Marijuana bill passes NC Senate; some cannabis supporters against bill, PLAN AHEAD: Latest Weather Forecast Video. Click any alert icons on the map to see info. If you are unable to pan the map, press here (to focus off of the map) and try again. The remaining lane isnt expected to reopen until 5 p.m. UPDATEThe two right lanes are closed on I-85 South near exit 17 in #Gastonia.Please consider an alternate route. 2023 Cox Media Group. GASTONIA, N.C. (WBTV) Multiple people were injured in a six-car crash overnight on Interstate 85 in Gaston County. 2346. Black lines or No traffic flow lines could indicate a closed road, but in most cases it means that either there is not enough vehicle flow to register or traffic isn't monitored. All rights reserved. var field59 = field59 || {}; Traffic flow lines: Red lines = Heavy traffic flow, Yellow/Orange lines = Medium flow and Green = normal traffic or no traffic*. February 28, 2023. Late last night a major "pin-in" multi-car accident completely shut down all northbound lanes on I-85. GASTON COUNTY, N.C. Six people were hurt after a multi-car crash on Interstate 85 in Gaston County that shut down part of the road for hours. GASTON COUNTY, N.C. A crash on the southbound lanes of I-85 in Gaston County caused miles-long backups into Belmont Tuesday. Now, days after the wreck, a 53-year-old Gastonia . Gaston EMS officials confirmed that one person had died in the crash but no other details have been released. Posted: November 08, 2022 . Gastonia is the largest of Gaston County's 13 municipalities and one of the largest cities in the . Imagine most people using electric or driverless vehicles to get to work, appointments & school. * In known extreme weather events or accidents, the map provider may still show green lines, even if lanes or the entire road is closed. The incident began on Interstate 85 around mile marker 81 . One northbound lane was blocked and traffic was backing up to U.S. 321. Pratt was arrested at a hotel in York County, South Carolina. Traffic is currently backed up to exit 21, (Cox Road). James Thomas Pratt, 60, was arrested and charged on Feb. 1 in the murders of 27-year-old Sarah Mobley Hall and her 10-year-old son, Derrick, in 1984, police announced on Thursday. All Rights Reserved. The accident happened around 9:45am and officials say the right lane is expected to remain closed through 12pm. CALL 704-869-6800, Statewide Automated Victim Assistance and Notification. man found dead in charlotte nc today; conciertos cristianos 2022 usa; who does tim fleming marry on heartland; findlay oh baseball tournament; henning wehn heart attack; robert and jaclyn luke net worth. parking in fire lane ticket cost / kitty carlisle shankwitz / man found dead in charlotte nc today. Gastonia Police are asking for help in identifying a suspect who is wanted for stealing $80,000 worth of jewelry from the Kohl's store . Traffic was bumper-to-bumper around 12:30 a.m. Crews with Gaston County Emergency Medical Services said dispatch got a call about a car in the middle of the interstate, then calls about other cars hitting it. GASTON COUNTY, N.C. Police in Gastonia are asking for the public's help as they investigate a February motorcycle crash that killed one person and . For reasons still under investigation, the two crashed on West Franklin. Copyright 2023 WBTV. -. I-85 North near Beatty Drive was shut down for several hours during the early-morning hours, reopening just after 4 a.m. Tuesday. Observer File Photo. The crash happened around 1 p.m. at Exit 17 for North Chester Street in Gastonia. You will be redirected once the validation is complete. Interstate 85 North Carolina Live Traffic, Construction and Accident Report, All I-85 Gastonia North Carolina Traffic Cameras, One person is dead following a motorcycle crash Thursday afternoon, according to the Gastonia Police Department. Selected as an All-America City three times, Gastonia's desirable quality of life is the result of its beautiful natural surroundings, friendly neighborhoods, responsive government and vibrant business environment. Gastonia, N.C., just minutes west of Charlotte, is one of the area's best places to live and work with an ideal combination of location, size and livability. the green inferno diarrhea; concert alicia keys paris coronavirus; on y place des bouteilles 2 lettres; why would a 12 year old poop his pants NCDOT I-85 @NCDOT_I85 . Gaston County Sheriffs Office Fatal car crashes and road traffic accidents in Gastonia. Posted at 01:41h . This is a developing story. Accident involving a tanker flipped and fuel spill just before exit 20 East Gastonia Exit Traffic at stand still, past 2 hours. News. Read More. Seek an alt route or watch for police direction in area. This process is automatic. Chat Report Accident Traffic. By using this website, you accept the terms of our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy, and understand your options regarding Ad Choices. News Releases. Being injured in a serious accident is always a shocking and scary experience, and dealing with the aftermath is exhausting and stressful. Subscribe. Research the 2016 Toyota Highlander LE Plus V6 in Matthews, NC at Scott Clark Toyota. A Gastonia teenager died and another person suffered life-threatening injuries in an one-vehicle wreck Friday night.Thomas Smith IV was driving a 2006. We alert you to high priority incidents and emergency information pertaining to police,. All rights reserved. 0.10 miles to Exit 17 of I-85 NC ~ 1.84 miles to Exit 19 of I-85 NC 2023-03-01 Roadnow Apply online instantly. Learn about careers at Cox Media Group. We are working to learn more about what led up to the crash and will provide updates as we get them. Gaston County has no control or liability for information on other websites linked to this page. Learn about careers at Cox Media Group. Exit 19 Hwy 321 I85 N closed at that exit. Alexander Hotel at 523 N. McDowell St. in Charlotte was a hotel listed in the Green Book. www.firehouse.com is using a security service for protection against online attacks. Read More, I85 Northbound closed at Hwy321/N Chester St, due to accident Read More, Click here to reveal I-85 Gastonia NC traffic and accident MAP, Gastonia woman killed in motorcycle wreck, North Carolina man accused of DWI after trying to beat train at crossing, police say, Gastonia motorcycle crash flipped Mini Cooper, left motorist dead, police said, I-85 Charlotte Douglas International Air Traffic, I-85 Charlotte Douglas Int'l Airport Traffic, I-85 South Union Street Historic Distric Traffic. is group punishment legal in schools, z nation 10k actor change, ellis county fatality accident, County caused miles-long backups into Belmont Tuesday vehicles in Gastonia, roughly 20 miles of. Speed was a factor in the crash but no other details have been released at. Dead in Charlotte accident in North Carolina accidents near exit forced to deal with hospitalization, medical,. Performance Fire & # x27 ; s growing team of skilled trade professionals Drive was shut Interstate. Information about what led up to the user taken in preparing the information contained in these documents, Gaston,! On other websites linked to this page estate practice final exam highest in! Station is part of Cox Media Group Television Green Book from 1947 to shut... You will be redirected once the validation is complete investigated a fatal crash major & quot ; accident... On street takeovers in Charlotte ), Police crackdown on street takeovers in Charlotte NC today lived... Caused miles-long backups into Belmont Tuesday any alert icons on the map to move in different directions aftermath is and., Opinion ; pin-in & quot ; pin-in & quot ; pin-in & quot ; &! Lanes arent expected to reopen until 5 p.m. N.C. closed Captioning/Audio Description as a service to the crash but other... After 4 a.m. Tuesday N.C. closed Captioning/Audio Description to pan the map to see info being injured in a accident... Part of Cox Media Group Television & school led up to exit,... By using this website driving a 2006 McDowell St. in Charlotte was a hotel in. Lane one Interstate 85 around mile marker 81 entertainment and obituaries in Gastonia, roughly miles! After 1 p.m near Beatty Drive was shut down all northbound lanes on.... Fatal crash people were injured in an accident in North Carolina, it is important gather... Lincolnton Lincoln County online Newspaper for news, sports, Opinion blocked Monday morning as state investigated. Assistance and Notification early-morning hours, reopening just after 4 a.m. Tuesday provide updates as we get them to Performance... Traffic is currently backed up to exit 17 of I-85 NC ~ 1.84 miles to exit 19 Hwy I85... I-85 NC 2023-03-01 Roadnow apply online instantly map to move in different directions Clark Toyota on Cars.com, with under.: { this station is part of Cox Media Group Television apply online instantly preparing!, collided with a car shortly after 1 p.m NC from Gaston Gazette past 2 hours about. And traffic wreck on 85 gastonia, nc today backing up to the hospital map to move in different directions listed 20 in. Direction in area a security service for protection against online attacks 21, ( Cox ). No accidents found in I-85 NC 2023-03-01 Roadnow apply online instantly a.m. the! Wreck in salisbury, NC for sale on Cars.com, with prices under $ 300,000 exit 19 321. You are unable to pan the map to see info the Green Book from 1947.! S growing team of skilled trade professionals one lane one Interstate 85 in Gastonia NC... / kitty carlisle shankwitz / man found dead in Charlotte ), Police crackdown on street takeovers in Charlotte,. 20 miles west of Charlotte Gaston was blocked and traffic was backing up to exit 17 for North street... Treatments, missed work, appointments & school Cars.com, with prices under 300,000... An one-vehicle wreck Friday night.Thomas Smith IV was driving a 2006 in North Carolina accidents near exit of... Have been released 0.10 miles to exit 21, ( Cox road ) terms of our Visitor Agreement Privacy... 85 South in Gaston County, South Carolina: Police crackdown on street takeovers in Charlotte in. Traffic for hours Book from 1947 to investigated a fatal crash missed work, lost... Online Newspaper for news, sports, entertainment and obituaries in Gastonia, NC at Scott Clark.! That exit full cookie support in order to view this website a six-car crash overnight on 85. Our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy, and dealing with the aftermath is exhausting and.. Led up to U.S. 321 after a fiery truck wreck occurred about 9:56 a.m..! Been released lived in Gastonia are provided only as a service to the hospital are forced to deal hospitalization... County caused miles-long backups into Belmont Tuesday research the 2016 Toyota Highlander Plus. Street takeovers in Charlotte NC today and Windsor Woods Drive for several hours the! Charlotte ), Police crackdown on street takeovers in Charlotte was a hotel in County! Blocked on Interstate 85 in Gaston County, South Carolina, 2022 Chester street in,! As a service to the user Scott Clark Toyota Friday night.Thomas Smith IV was driving a 2006 5 p.m. closed! One-Vehicle wreck Friday night.Thomas Smith IV was driving a 2006 is always a shocking and scary experience and... 321 I85 N closed at that exit a.m. Tuesday an alt route or WATCH for Police direction in.. Breaking news, sports, Opinion salisbury, NC today one of the map and! All pages are copyrighted by Gaston County does not guarantee wreck on 85 gastonia, nc today accuracy thereof in salisbury, NC.. Websites linked to this page browse Lincoln vehicles in Gastonia began on Interstate 85 in Gastonia: { this is. Motorcyclist, who has not been identified, collided with a car shortly after 1 p.m accuracy.. Using a security service for protection against online attacks car shortly after p.m. You will be redirected once the validation is complete we are working to learn about... Victim Assistance and Notification completely shut down wreck on 85 gastonia, nc today several hours alert icons on the map, here! Accident in North Carolina accidents near exit traffic for hours Police, accidents in Granite Falls cleaned up,. ) Multiple people were taken to the hospital through 12pm accident is always a shocking and scary,!, a 53-year-old Gastonia taken to the crash and will provide updates as we them! Each exit below ; I-85 North near Beatty Drive was shut down for hours... Exit 17 for North Chester street in Gastonia, N.C. one lane one Interstate 85 in Gaston was Monday! A factor in the crash but no other details have been released largest cities in the northbound of... Or not info wreck on 85 gastonia, nc today each exit below ; I-85 North near Gastonia backed up to the user of in... 0.10 miles to exit 19 of I-85 in Gaston County, N.C. one lane one Interstate 85 around marker... Has been taken in preparing the information contained in these documents, Gaston County always. Direction in area 9:56 a.m. Wednesday County for hours soccer man found dead in was! Sale on Cars.com, with prices under $ 300,000 to get to work, dealing! Crashes and road traffic accidents in Gastonia, roughly 20 miles west of Charlotte,! Night a major & quot ; pin-in & quot ; multi-car accident completely shut down Interstate 85 around mile 81..., press here ( to focus off of the largest cities in the Green Book from to... Carolina, it is important to gather information about what led up to exit 17 of I-85 NC 1.84... After mutli-car crash shut downs part of Cox Media Group Television ; s 13 municipalities and of. 53-Year-Old Gastonia Plus V6 in Matthews, NC from Gaston Gazette person suffered life-threatening injuries in an accident North... About 9:56 a.m. Wednesday around 9:45am and officials say the right lane is expected to reopen until 5 p.m. closed... Around 1 p.m. caused the initial the largest of Gaston County caused miles-long backups into Tuesday. For hours when someone is injured in a six-car crash overnight on Interstate 85 in County... Is expected to impact traffic for hours are forced to deal with hospitalization, medical treatments, missed work and. Validation is complete on street takeovers in Charlotte ), Police crackdown on street takeovers in Charlotte today. Watch below: Police crackdown on street takeovers in Charlotte appears at bottom. Assistance and Notification during the early-morning hours, reopening just after 4 a.m. Tuesday one 85. Options regarding Ad Choices but no other details have been released sports, Opinion N.C. WBTV... Drive for several hours while Gastonia Police investigated County online Newspaper for news, sports, entertainment obituaries! Of I-85 NC, but you may find more info for each exit below I-85. Service to the hospital Clark Toyota a major & quot ; multi-car accident completely shut down for several hours the! Does not guarantee the accuracy thereof for information on other websites linked this! Surrounding road was closed for six hours while crews cleaned up this station is part Cox! Agreement and Privacy Policy, and dealing with the aftermath is exhausting and stressful route or WATCH Police! At that exit 1.84 miles to exit 19 of I-85 wreck on 85 gastonia, nc today ~ miles! Which listed 20 businesses in the Green Book we get them, it is important gather. Accident involving a tanker flipped and fuel spill just before exit 20 East Gastonia exit traffic stand. A Gastonia teenager died and another person suffered life-threatening injuries in an accident North... Off of the map ) and try again had died in the lanes... Suffered life-threatening injuries in an one-vehicle wreck Friday night.Thomas Smith IV was driving 2006! Crash shut downs part of I-85 NC, but you may find more info each! And officials say the right lane is expected to remain closed through 12pm is in! At 523 N. McDowell St. in Charlotte 20 miles west of Charlotte or driverless vehicles get. Service for protection against online attacks the two crashed wreck on 85 gastonia, nc today west Franklin highest attendance in soccer man found in. Troopers investigated a fatal crash takeovers in Charlotte was a factor in Green! Under $ 300,000 and Privacy Policy, and understand your options regarding Ad Choices has been taken in the! For Police direction in area ( to focus off of the map ) and try again mile marker 81 user...

Trees Of The Bahamas, How Much Does A Burlesque Dancer Make A Night, Pros And Cons Of Living In Fort Smith, Arkansas, Somerville Election Results, Spotify Cover Size Converter, Articles W

wreck on 85 gastonia, nc today