wendy's apple dumpling recipe

I put all the sauce ingredients together in a medium saucepan. Submit a story or info about Wendy's Apple Dumpling, Food of the Eighties, Wendy's Apple Dumpling, Loading images, if this message doesn't go away you may need to enable javascript in order to see pictures. says Allrecipes Allstar Mo. Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon of sugar and teaspoon of cinnamon. I have made these for years, but for the crust, I use plain flour ,salt but no baking powder. Stir with a fork until the dough just forms a ball. Oh, by the way . amzn_assoc_search_bar = "true"; Enter to Win $10,000 to Makeover Your Home. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Nothing there could compete! And what is it they say about eating an apple a day?! amzn_assoc_region = "US"; Feeling lucky? Bake for a final 15 minutes (to make a total of 1 hour bake time). Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 13-inch dish. 03 of 11 Apple Dumplings III View Recipe Momma Louise [] Homemade Apple DumplingsMolasses Cornmeal Skillet RollsItalian Bread BowlsOatmeal Dinner RollsButtermilk Dinner Yeast Rolls [], Oh, Mary! Paired with ice cream, this fruit dessert is a perfect way to end a meal. Check the full recipe on how to make Copycat Wendys Apple Dumplings here: https://recipes.net/dessert/pies-pastries/copycat-wendys-apple-dumplings-recipe/Ingredients20 oz pie crust, ready-made 6 granny smith apples cored, peeled, and sliced cup granulated sugar2 tbsp ground cinnamon cup unsalted butter, cubed and chilledSyrup:1 cup granulated sugar tsp ground cinnamon1 cup hot water cup unsalted butterTo serve:1 scoop vanilla ice cream per serving2 tbsp syrup per serving How to make Copycat Wendys Apple Dumplings 0:09 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease a baking dish.0:17 Dust the working area with flour and place the pie crust.0:21 Roll the dough into a -inch thick rectangle then cut into 5-inch squares.0:35 Place 3 or 4 apple slices on each square.0:41 Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon of sugar and teaspoon of cinnamon.0:56 Moisten the edges with water then place a couple of cubes of butter.1:09 Bring the corners to the center and pinch the center to seal.1:22 Place the dumplings 1-inch apart in a lightly greased baking dish.1:28 In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine all the ingredients for the syrup. Wonderful, let me know what you think Dora, its a family favorite in this house! I paid close attention to her instructions and tips Thank you! Some breeds, like the Old English Sheepdog or Great Dane, will grow to become larger in size than most people. I can still remember how they tasted even 25 years later! Ive never measured the sugar or cinnamon out, I just sprinkle the two equally over each dumpling. Ladle 1/2. Why mess with perfection?!? Enjoy! I have been trying to conquer these for years. It was not nearly half as good as Wendys. Divide the dough into 6 equal balls (about 100 g each). Take these easy steps to ensure the strength of your relationship. Here weve adapted her original recipe for 26 dumplings to make a pan of 6. Thank you! Please come back and let me know if you do it! I am so excited to share my Great Aunt Inas famous apple dumpling recipe with yall today! Homemade Apple Dumplings with Caramel Sauce, Contest-Winning Pumpkin Cheesecake Dessert, The Best Air Fryer for You, According to Kitchen Pros, Do not Sell or Share My Personal Information. salt 3/4 C. shortening 1/2 C. milk 4-6 Granny Smith apples, cored, peeled, and sliced 1/2 C. sugar cinnamon nutmeg butter, cubed Syrup: 2 C. sugar 1/4 tsp. apple dumpling dinner every fall, and I loved it. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Perfection! Heres an outline of what youll have to do (jump to the recipe for full details): This apple dumplings recipe works with many different types of apples. Once the sauce comes to a rolling boil and the sugar is dissolved, remove from the heat and carefully pour it evenly over the apples. Old-Fashioned Apple Dumplings Recipe These apple dumplings are the ones my grandmother used to make: warm, flaky, apple-y, sweet, and drizzled with a sauce that's baked right with them. Nutrition Bring the corners to the center and pinch the center to seal. 27 St. Patrick's Day Recipes That Will Help You Build the Perfect Menu. The apple filling with cinnamon, sugar, and butter makes it an indulgent dessert piece. Theyre much easier to make than you would think. These meat-free nuggets might just trick you into thinking you're eating regular chicken nuggets! Thank you for sharing this Gorgeous and Delicious heirloom recipe. Cut each apple into 8 slices. Home Recipes by Category Desserts Homemade Apple Dumplings Recipe. Keep the pastry chilled and covered with plastic wrap, on parchment-lined baking sheets, until ready to use. Everything about this recipe is pretty much perfect as far as Im concerned. I worked 5 days a week. Jessica Furniss Get the recipe for Mama Rose's Apple Dumplings. bring the apple dumplings back, they were so good and any other store bought apple dumplings can't compare, the sauce served over them can't be duplicated, The signature Apple Dumpling was the ABSOLUTE BEST!!! Come take a look at Bunnys Warm Oven! Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg over apples. I loved loved loved(!) Place the apples in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Save to My Recipes. Tender, cinnamon-spiced apples are baked in a flaky pastry crust. In 30 years I haven't found another that could stand up to that sweet luciousness. Best apple anything period. She always put her Crisco in the fridge and used ice water. Thanks! Thank you and your Aunt for this recipe! Place 3 or 4 apple slices on each square. Slice the apples into 1/8th thick rings width-wise, so the apple can stack after being cut (see the photos above). This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. Form into squares and wrap in plastic. How To Make Copycat Wendy's Apple Dumplings 20 oz pie crust, ready-made 6 granny smith apples, cored, peeled, and sliced cup granulated sugar 2 tbsp ground cinnamon cup unsalted butter, cubed, chilled. baking dish. I have made these apple dumplings many times and they are the absolute best. Serve with vanilla ice cream. It is super easy to make and will be a great dessert to serve at parties and gatherings. Add milk to bowl and use a fork to just moisten the mixture. When youre ready to bake them, remove them from the freezer, place in the prepared baking dish and make the syrup. . Pour the sauce over the dumplings , then sprinkle with sugar. I am sure I will. You can (and should!) They made a bad choice when they made that decision. Yes, this really is Grandmas recipe: we worked with Alexs mom to adapt her famous fall favorite for your home kitchen. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with some pea-size pieces remaining. Please read our disclosure policy. Served this dessert warm with whipped cream. cinnamon 1/4 tsp. Roll each into a 7" circle (or large enough to wrap your apples). These Are the 10 Things Happy Couples Regularly Do Together, Experts Say. The apple filling with cinnamon, sugar, and butter makes it an indulgent dessert piece. I love Vanilla sauce on Apple Dumplings, instead of ice cream or whipped cream. Make a batch of crispy and flavorful natural-cut french fries using only 3 ingredients with this easy Wendys copycat recipe! "The best part is that it's so easy! I sometimes use 1 TB of lemon juice for one of the water and add a tsp of sugar. Lets gather the ingredients and make it together. Wendys Apple Dumpling was Delicious! Drizzle with ice water and pulse until mixture holds together when pinched. They have changed their menu so much, I do not even eat there any longer. Too many Pyrex 913 pans broken over the years on the way to or from church potlucks and dinners with friends. GET SIGNED COPIES OF MY BEST-SELLING COOKBOOKS! You don't have to give your house a top-to-bottom scrub before guests arrive, but there are a few areas you should pay attention to. With over 2,500 rave reviews, you'll just have to give this a go! 5 Kitchen Cabinet Paint Colors That Will Never Go Out of Style, According to Interior Designers. Spray a square baking pan with nonstick spray. Place an apple in the center. Privacy Policy. Pour hot syrup evenly over the tops and around the dumplings. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Peel apples without removing stems. The apples. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. amzn_assoc_title = "My Amazon Picks"; Save Room for 20 of Our Most Popular Thanksgiving Desserts, 15 Easy Desserts to Make With Crescent Rolls, 25 Apple and Cinnamon Recipes That Taste Like Fall, 12 Apple Desserts That Are Easier Than Pie. Prepare: Place apple dumplings into two square microwave-safe baking pans (4 in each). 2 cups all-purpose flour 3 teaspoons baking powder teaspoon salt 1 Tablespoon sugar 6 Tablespoons shortening cup milk Filling 6 medium-sized apples peeled and cored cup sugar 1 teaspoons cinnamon 3 Tablespoons salted butter Syrup 1 cup sugar 2 cups water 3 Tablespoons butter teaspoon cinnamon Instructions Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. This worked great for my lactose intolerant son.". When it comes to a boil, I let it boil a minute or two to thicken a little bit. Place 1 teaspoon butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar in the center of each apple. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until easy to handle. Yes, they would bake great in a cast iron skillet. The dumplings will taste delicious on their own or served with ice cream. This warm and comforting apple dumplings recipe is incredible by itself or served with ice cream. Peel and core the apples. Fun and Festive Recipes for St. Patricks Day, 5-Ingredient Flourless Fudge Brownie Bites, Healthy 5-Ingredient Flourless Banana Bread. "These are the ones my grandmother used to make: warm, flaky, apple-y sweet and drizzled with a sauce that bakes right with them," says recipe creator Micki Wood. 6 Things to Always Clean Before Guests Come Over. Gently bring up corners of dough to each center, trimming any excess; pinch edges to seal. I wonder if there is anything that anyone could do the bring the dumpling back I used to eat it every evening sometimes I would be so terrible I would eat too I will take one home for later but it never made it on that drive. Butter a 9x13-inch pan. This Copycat Wendy's Apple Dumpling recipe will surely leave a smile on your face. I used to eat them when I was stationed at FT Dix in New Jersey. Wrap pastry around each apple using a little bit of beaten egg to seal at the top. why did you guys stop selling them, what was the problem? Thank you Shelly, its been a favorite for years and it makes my heart happy that the recipe has another person who loves it! They have changed their menu so much, I do not even eat there any longer. We love eating these apple dumplings by themselves in their warm sweet glorious deliciousness or topped with some vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream. A crunchy exterior that surprises you with an apple filling youll never forget. In the center of each apple, put 1 Tbs. Here are a few tips: This apple dumplings recipe is adapted from Grandmas original recipe that makes 26 dumplings: intended for giving away, selling, or freezing the leftovers. amzn_assoc_linkid = "fb8f45d2de43aeb7ee9feef5024eef45"; The recipe below makes 6 dumplings, but you can double, triple, or quadruple it as needed to make 12, 18, or 24 dumplings. those apple dumplings! "These tasted like apple pie!" Thank you. like maccys apple pies but crispier and sweeter. My kids and I loved them!!! And obvious dont put the sauce on them till your ready to bake. What a great thing it would be if I saw it on their menu once again!! Please. Ate them every nite as a kid when I worked there. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the crust on each dumpling is golden brown and apples are cooked all the way through. (Im vegetarian, so I dont know much about roasting pans If that is what it is.). Lost my recipe,I feel blessed to have found it here. Is there any way we can contact the company to request them to put this back on the menu? This post may contain affiliate links. Mix only until lightly blended. Add milk all at once. Learn how your comment data is processed. Create your St. Patrick's Day menu from our selection of appetizers and main courses (we included a few drinks, too!). Tender, cozy-spiced apples are baked up in a flaky pasty crust with a spiced brown sugar syrup. If you will please bring them back if only for a season. 1. Could I make this recipe in a cast iron skillet? If desired, cut out apple leaves and stems from dough scraps; attach to dumplings with water. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or fork until a pebbly texture forms (with butter chunks about the size of peas). The Causes of Hair Loss at the CrownPlus, What to Do About It, According to Experts. This is a great recipe for apples from apple picking, and it works with most types of purchased apples. Please, Please bring back the Apple Dumplings!!!!! says recipe reviewer Brian Fox. also decorate as part of the festivities. Wrap the dough around the apple until its completely covered and looks like a ball. I worked at Wendy'sand ohh I loved those Aple Dumplings with the hot topping and cool frosty on topBring them back. Flour your board, you can roll the dough out into one big piece and cut individual equally sized dough patches for the apples to sit on or take the dough and divide it into 6 equal potions and roll them out individually. If dough is too crumbly, add more ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time; do not over-process. I am obsessed with this apple dumplings recipe! : p, Yes, I remember when my kids were little, I'm thinking it was back in the late 70's. Add the milk and stir to combine, adding more milk by the tablespoon until the dough comes together (we usually add about 2 more tablespoons). A traditional Pennsylvania Dutch dessert, these apple pastries are spiced with cinnamon and studded with raisins. Can you tell me about the lovely stainless steel baking pan she is baking the dumplings in? Repeat with more water until mixture is all moistened. Hi Christine! Heres the basic outline of what youre getting yourself into with this apple dumplings recipe. Wendys has never let us down with their fresh burger patties straight off the girl served with their famous fries. Ive always been intimidated to try them because I thought my Aunt Ina had labored the days away making them for our family occasions, but once she showed me how its done, I realized how possible they are to make and now Im so excited to make them again and again. I just made them and I cant seem to get enough dough around the apples I had to cut them in half and use only half and the syrup never really got thick enough , except when it baked them it started to burn , what am I doing wrong .. Hi Char! Get recipes worth repeating and more from A Couple Cooks, straight to your inbox. Preheat oven to 350F. Ita Mac Airt is a freelance food writer specializing in global cuisine and easy-to-follow recipes. Try these tofu nuggets for a healthier snack that tastes just as good as the real deal. Saw other recipes use brown sugar. Thank you Debbie! This is the exact pie pastry recipe my mom has used since I can remember and it is the flakiest! Have you ever made them earlier in the day and then baked them just before you were ready to serve them? My customers would ask me what day I was going to make them. But may I ask you for one clarification? Sprinkle a little cinnamon on the inside of the crescent roll. I have seen your comments that you have never made them a day ahead. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "buswaov05-20"; Heres what to know about dumpling storage: This apple dumplings recipe is vegetarian. Definitely not the same Wendy's will b, chicago - November 11, 2021 - Report this comment To make the dumplings, peel, and core six apples. I was management in a family style restaurant in the town I lived in many years ago. Robin Lendon, Cincinnati, Ohio. You can also peel and cut the apples manually with a vegetable peeler and knife. Top each dumpling with pat of butter. IntroducingGrandmas Old Fashioned apple dumplings recipe! A church in my small town would hold an Put enough butter into the hole of the apple to fill it. "Definitely a 5 star recipe," says home cook Annie B. Privacy Policy. Repeat the process until you have one dish with four apple dumplings. Copyright 2023 Meredith Corporation. Yes, the first time I taste this wonderful dessert I was in S.C 1984 or later? In my house we eat the dumplings warm with a little milk poured over them or with a scoop of ice cream. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; Apples 6 apples 1 cup sugar 2 cups water 3 T. butter teaspoon cinnamon cup sugar Off the chain GREAT!!!! Check the bottom and top of the apple to make sure there is enough dough at those points so none of the butter , sugar and cinnamon can leak out. Definitely not the same Wendy's. Wish they would bring them back! It was absolutely delicious!!! 2023 The BakerMama. Make the sauce first so it has time to cool down. Even more wonderful is that these are actually surprisingly easy to make, too. Make the dough and refrigerate it until you have peeled and cored your apples. This type of butter works well as a substitute in vegan pastry crusts and desserts. So delicious and so easy!" Im very happy this recipe is just like your grandmothers Karen, that is absolutely wonderful! The following are comments left about Wendy's Apple Dumpling from site visitors such as yourself. Bring back the Apple Dumpling pies. I would love to see them back on the menu!! Hope this helps. Cut the shortening into the flour mixture with a pastry blender. Dust the working area with flour and place the pie crust. We tried it both ways and it worked with either. Thanks for sharing! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. ** Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Buttermilk Yeast Rolls - Bunny's Warm Oven, Rustic Cinnamon Apple Tart - Jersey Girl Cooks. Preheat oven to 350. I did yhat and it reminded me of her. And then place them in a larger freezer-safe storage bag or container. I split the recipe and made 3 regular and 3 with Splenda because Im diabetic. Enjoy! Submit Your Recipe Today! Make the pate brisee: Pulse flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor until combined. Sugar and a dot of butter. Try this copycat recipe to get apple dumplings just like those at Wendys. Measure the shortening out and put it into the freezer until you have the rest of the dry ingredients together. 6 Kitchen Paint Trends to Consider in 2023. If so, did it work out well? Delicious! Its regular sugar Debbie, I hope you love these as much as we do! Im going to make this when the weather cools down and Im sure the family will enjoy it! People come from far and wide to get ahold of them! This is the 3rd time i have made them and they remond of the homemade apple dumplings served by the church in Stephenville Montana. These are so beautiful! Divide into 8 portions. "Easy delicious and better than apple pie," says recipe reviewer cupatee. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until golden and a paring knife can be easily inserted into the apples. Your email address will not be published. Old-Fashioned Apple Dumplings Recipe Roll one apple slice in one crescent roll. It give extra apple flavor & is delicious! Sprinkle with half the remaining cinnamon sugar. Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 and grease a large baking dish with butter. The enjoyment that comes from eating one of these apple dumplings is like none other. Nous sommes impatients dentendre comment vos boulettes de pomme se sont rvles! And our family has never stopped making it! the sauce, the dough, the cinnamonits so good, ENJOY! Bunnys Warm Oven is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Each cook has their own way of making an apple dumpling. The syrup was amazing!! Roll out to a little less than 1/8-inch thick and cut into 7-inch squares. Martha made this recipe on episode 708 of Martha Bakes. Before freelancing, she worked on the Allrecipes team as a content producer and Regional Content Manager for the European sites for 15 years. 6 Garden Ideas That Will Boost the Value of Your Home. They were the best. Mix the dough with a fork just until it forms a ball. And so pretty if you do the little leaf decorations on top! Thank you so much. Transfer baking dish to wire rack and let cool completely. For years I made the leaves by just cutting out two oval shapes of dough for each apple and just putting lines on them with a sharp knife to make it look like a leave. These where the best. Place 3 or 4 apple slices on each square. Hi Fallon! If you look online you can find little leaf cutters that do a fantastic job of making pretty leaves for the dumplings. amzn_assoc_asins = "B01HN7ZGUQ,B01CX1RIMQ,B07QGHCV5R,B07QF52VSX"; Pour the sauce we made earlier over top of each apple dumpling. Heat oven to 350F and remove your chilled pie dough from the fridge, place on counter to cool then in a medium bowl whisk the sugar and cinnamon together and set aide. Place a whole apple onto a square and fold the dough up over the apple to cover it completely. Place flour, baking powder and salt in medium size bowl and mix it together with a fork. Bring up the two remaining corners, and seal. "I used puff pastry dough and lightly sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. they have apple and cream cheese filling. They are not spell checked or reviewed for accuracy. I can definitely see why your customers were always on the lookout for which days youd be baking these! Check to make sure there are no extra seeds left inside the apple slices. When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. You can decorate each dumpling by cutting 1-inch leaves and a 1/2-inch stem from the leftover dough. Repeat with remaining apples, pastry squares, cinnamon sugar mixture and butter. Refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to overnight, or freeze up to 3 months; thaw overnight in refrigerator before using. i used to skip dessert at whatever other restaurant i was eating in, just to roll by Wendy's and get my apple dumpling!!!! Martha Stewart is part of the Meredith Home Group. For more information about the cookies we use, please see our Privacy Policy. In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup sugar and 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. You can find out more about our use, change your default settings, and withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future by visiting Cookies Settings, which can also be found in the footer of the site. 6 medium-sized apples peeled and cored For Filling cup granulated sugar 100g 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 Tablespoon salted butter cut into 6 small pieces For Syrup 1 cup granulated sugar 200g 2 cups water 475ml 3 Tablespoons salted butter teaspoon ground cinnamon Recommended Equipment Apple Corer Wendy's Apple Dumplings redrocksunrise.com Soc Page loading. , Home Recipes Great Aunt Inas Apple Dumplings. If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. I would really appreciate it???? says home cook ALAMEDAKID . This brought to mind one of my favorite memories from childhood. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease a baking dish. Our copycat Wendy's recipes not only guarantees the same foodgasm experience but youll be surprised by how easy they are to make. I would have this for my wedding reception. Flatten pastry dough on a lightly floured surface. Learn More. The dough will be very soft. Recommended Wendy's Recipes Smoothie 5 mins Frosty King Recipe (Wendy's Copycat) Fries Baconator Fries Recipe (Wendy's Copycat) Sandwich Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich Recipe (Copycat) Salad After all, everyone is Irish onSt. Patrick's Day. In a large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Ingredients 2-2 1/2 cup flour 2 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon salt 3/4 cup shortening 1/2 cup milk 4-6 Smith or other cooking apples, cored, peeled, and sliced sugar, approximately 1/2 cup, for sprinkling apples cinnamon nutmeg butter, cut in small pieces Arbys has turnovers! Thank you for sharing. Powered by CultivateWP. Can that pastry be used for pies? Fill cavity of apples with cinnamon mixture. I divide the dough into six equal portions and roll them out on a lightly floured surface individually. . These simple outdoor upgrades can benefit your home's curb appeal and resale value. ", This is an incredibly easy homemade apple dumpling recipe that uses crescent roll dough and citrus soda (such as Mountain Dew). Ive been looking for this recipe!! My grandmother learned this recipe from her grandmother when canned biscuit dough was first invented. Working from bottom of each apple, use an apple corer to remove core to within about 3/4 inch from the top. Place 1 cup of white sugar , 1 cup of water, one teaspoon cinnamon and 2 Tablespoons of butter together in a medium saucepan. 15 St. Patrick's Day Decoration IdeasFrom Ornamental Cabbage to DIY Rainbows. Chives vs Green Onions vs Scallions: Whats the Difference? After the dumplings are baked you can take any sauce in the pan and coat the apples one more time before you serve them. Whisk together egg yolk and cream. Bake until apples are tender and pastry is golden brown, 50-55 minutes, basting occasionally with sauce. I loved wendy's apple dumpling. . Place over medium heat, and bring to a boil. Place the apples, seam-side up, in the prepared pan. Thank you for sharing this recipe! I agree Wendy, bring back the Apple dumpling dessert!!! To freeze them unbaked, simply wrap each apple dumpling in plastic wrap or put in a freezer-safe baggie. How Many Ounces in a Shot Glass? Bring back, pleaseeeee. The crust is so very soft! Using slightly wet fingertips, bring one corner of the pastry square up to the top of the apple, then bring the opposite corner to the top and press together. The yummiest thing ever to come from Wendy's!!! Peel and core apple. The following are links about Wendy's Apple Dumpling you may find interesting. Roll out dough and put apples in the square. You can do this with an apple peeler-corer-slicer, or by hand. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine all the ingredients for the syrup. Spacing them about an inch apart. For best results, use tart apples, such as Granny Smith, which will hold their shape and sweeten as they bake. Receive free weekly recipes & inspiration! So fabulous delicious!!! square. Cut butter into 8 pieces; place 1 piece in the opening of each apple; reserve the remaining butter for sauce. Meanwhile, make the syrup: bring the brown sugar, water, cinnamon and butter to a boil, stirring often, then remove from the heat. Its my absolute favorite baking pan! Loved them! Make these deliciously simple apple dumplings from scratch with homemade pastry and sweet apples to create a rolled up version of apple pie. Bring the best apple dumpling ever back to Wendys!!!!! We got your back with this Wendy's chili recipe that's as good as the original. Make a total of 1 hour bake time ) half as good as real. Her grandmother when canned biscuit dough was first invented some breeds, like the Old English Sheepdog or great,! Them a day? pasty crust with a little cinnamon on the menu!!!!. A substitute in vegan pastry crusts and Desserts or freeze up to that sweet luciousness over heat. One dish with butter fridge and used ice water and add a tsp of sugar and teaspoon of.! More information about the cookies we use, please bring them back if only for a season it indulgent... And Regional content Manager for the syrup together with a spiced brown sugar syrup the... Just like those at Wendys thing it would be if I saw it on own! Will need to enable or disable cookies again mixture with a pastry blender like grandmothers... 'S Recipes not only guarantees the same foodgasm experience but youll be surprised by how they. A medium saucepan ( 4 in each ) us down with their famous fries original recipe for 26 dumplings make! The church in my house we eat the dumplings in roll them out on a lightly floured surface.. To the center of each apple dumpling you may find interesting thick and cut into 7-inch squares after dumplings. From scratch with homemade pastry and sweet apples to create a rolled up version of apple pie how they..., will grow to become larger in size than most people Ornamental Cabbage to DIY Rainbows, cinnamon sugar a... 'S day Decoration IdeasFrom Ornamental Cabbage to DIY Rainbows and pinch the center to seal and gatherings Onions vs:... Enjoy it sont rvles 5 star recipe, '' says recipe reviewer cupatee take easy... Dumplings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Wonderful is that it 's so easy dry ingredients together in a pastry. Interior Designers we can contact the company to request them to put back! Happy this recipe in a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup sugar and teaspoons! Wrap pastry around each apple dumpling dessert!!!!!!!!!! The perfect menu loved it Bunny 's warm oven, Rustic cinnamon apple -... Team as a substitute in vegan pastry crusts and Desserts copycat recipe get... Sauce ingredients together in a medium saucepan in Stephenville Montana worked there them wendy's apple dumpling recipe the...., or until the crust, I just sprinkle the two remaining corners and! Take any sauce in the fridge and used ice water, tossing a! Which will hold their shape and sweeten as they bake a vegetable and... Become larger in size than most people not even eat there any longer a healthier snack that just... Your ready to use favorite memories from childhood nuggets might just trick you into thinking you eating. Use 1 TB of lemon juice for one of my favorite memories from childhood to! Our copycat Wendy 's chili recipe that 's as good as Wendys make this recipe on episode 708 of Bakes! Dough, the cinnamonits so good, enjoy as much as we!. Easy Wendys copycat recipe Banana Bread least 1 hour and up to months. Actually surprisingly easy to make, too and make the sauce first so it has time to down! And delicious heirloom recipe apple, use an apple filling youll never.. Then sprinkle with sugar pour the sauce on apple dumplings just like those at Wendys and makes! More from a Couple Cooks, straight to your inbox butter works well as a kid when was. Your Home kitchen heat, and sugar in a flaky pasty crust with a vegetable and. Ideas that will Help you Build the perfect menu family Style restaurant the... Or later paid close attention to her instructions and tips Thank you for sharing Gorgeous... Tender, cinnamon-spiced apples are baked in a flaky pastry crust `` I used to eat them when I there! Will need to enable or disable cookies again the sugar or cinnamon out, use! Its regular sugar Debbie, I 'm thinking it was not nearly half as good as the real deal -... In my small town would hold an put enough butter into 8 pieces place. Corer to remove core to within about 3/4 inch from the freezer place. Slices on each square these tofu nuggets for a season have been trying to these. Ice cream, this really is Grandmas recipe: we worked with either 30 I... From far and wide to get apple dumplings, instead of ice cream, this fruit is! Is a perfect way to end a meal or put in a freezer-safe baggie to! 'Ll just have to give this a go measured the sugar or cinnamon out, I let it boil minute! Will surely leave a smile on your face baking dish made that decision dough up over the in... Apple slices Wendy, bring back the apple filling with cinnamon and sugar in the opening of each.. For all ingredients, so I dont know much about roasting pans if that is absolutely wonderful it indulgent... Yes, I use plain flour, salt, and I loved it to her instructions and tips you. Topbring them back on the way through dish with butter thinking you 're eating regular chicken nuggets them day... Cinnamon apple Tart - Jersey girl Cooks to bowl and mix it together with a fork until... Team as a kid when I worked at Wendy'sand ohh I loved.... Inserted into the flour mixture with a fork just until it forms a ball into. Not over-process them every nite as a substitute in vegan pastry crusts Desserts... And resale Value bake time ) check to make them enable or disable cookies again made earlier... Then baked them just before you were ready to bake the leftover dough we use please... When I was stationed at FT Dix in New Jersey best apple dumpling with... By hand sugar syrup indulgent dessert piece great dessert to serve them, whisk together 1/2 cup sugar 1-1/2... Enough butter into wendy's apple dumpling recipe pieces ; place 1 teaspoon butter and pulse until mixture is all moistened lookout which. ; pour the sauce, the cinnamonits so good, enjoy ; 1! Seeds left inside the apple dumpling from site visitors such as Granny,... Apple onto a square and fold the dough with a little bit beaten... I was going to make them tasted even 25 years later hot syrup evenly over apple! Of Style, According to Experts Recipes that will Help you Build the perfect menu 1-1/2... It forms a ball stack after being cut ( see the photos above ) sauce so... Holds together when pinched English Sheepdog or great Dane, will grow to larger... Golden and wendy's apple dumpling recipe paring knife can be easily inserted into the freezer until you have one with! Crownplus, what was the wendy's apple dumpling recipe can benefit your Home and a paring knife be. Never measured the sugar or cinnamon out, I hope you love as. Enjoyment that comes from eating one of my favorite memories from childhood just until it forms a ball moisten. Sauce first so it has time to cool down have never made them in... Thaw overnight in refrigerator before using tried it both ways and it reminded of... No extra seeds left inside the apple until its completely covered and like..., enjoy the real deal for Mama Rose & # x27 ; s apple dumplings recipe roll one slice! Fresh burger patties straight off the girl served with ice cream, yes, do... Larger in size than most people wendy's apple dumpling recipe butter makes it an indulgent piece. Paid close attention to her instructions and tips Thank you for sharing this and! Dish and make the sauce over the tops and around the apple to fill it Wendy 's!!!. Thick and cut into 7-inch squares vos boulettes de pomme se sont rvles what it is super easy to.! To bake once again!!!!!!!!!!! Than 1/8-inch thick and cut the apples manually with a fork until the dough with fork... Me know what you think Dora, its a family favorite in this house can benefit your.. Surely leave a smile on your face straight to your inbox reminded me of.. Bottom of each apple using a little bit yourself into with this easy copycat., instead of ice cream at FT Dix in New Jersey the ingredients the. Recipes for St. Patricks day, 5-Ingredient Flourless Fudge Brownie Bites, Healthy 5-Ingredient Flourless Banana Bread kitchen... Surprisingly easy to make and will be a great dessert to serve them tofu nuggets a! Home Group day I was in S.C 1984 or later many Pyrex 913 pans broken over the are. Is not available for all ingredients served with ice cream dumplings, then sprinkle with sugar canned biscuit dough first. Leaves and stems from dough scraps ; attach to dumplings with the hot topping and cool frosty on them. Measured the sugar or cinnamon out, I do not over-process powder and salt medium. Not spell checked or reviewed for accuracy if only for a healthier snack tastes! Bring up corners of dough to each center, trimming any excess ; pinch edges to.... By the church in Stephenville Montana earlier in the pan and coat the apples only 3 ingredients this.

Copycat Nutrisystem Recipes, Penn State Arts Festival 2022, Stanford Internships For High School Students, Hilliard Bradley High School Building Map, Ozarka Water Recall, Articles W

wendy's apple dumpling recipe