william sullivan obituary ny

888-293-2252. Bill had the honor of bestowing his original police shield, #893, to his son at his graduation from the Westchester County Police Academy. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Bill's name to the Arc Otsego, Pathfinder Village, or Springbrook, to support individuals with developmental disabilities and their families. Please accept Echovita's sincere condolences. OBITUARY Daniel Eastman March 25, 1944 - January 4, 2023. May he Rest in Peace. Read more. Rev. But he especially loved to make people laugh, and always had a good story to do just that. Bill loved his grandchildren with the same passionate intensity as his children and was thrilled when he became a great-grandparent last year. Now theres an expression of surprise but not joy on my face. Loving husband of the late Mary W. Dear father of William F. and his wife Laurie and Kathy Scarpato and her husband Don. William Hatton Jr. passed away on January 1, 2023 at Westchester Medical Center. Brooks Funeral Home 481 Gidney Ave, Newburgh, NY 12550, St. Patrick's Church 55 Grand St, Newburgh, NY 12550. He could comfortably speak with a police chief or a homeless person with the same interest, enthusiasm and smile. Due to seasonal conditions, the tree planting takes place during the spring and summer. Im sure there was a grand reception for you at the gates of Heaven and happy you are now free of pain. Bill always wanted to be a police officer. Visitation will be held Friday, Jan. 11, from 4 to 8 p.m., at. North Creek. William was a long-time resident of the Rockland area and was a graduate of Clarkstown South High School. The importance of saying "I love you" during COVID-19, Effective ways of dealing with the grieving process, Solutions to show your sympathy safely during the Covid-19 pandemic. SULLIVAN, WILLIAM ERNEST (SULLY), loving husband, father & brother, passed away February 19, 2005 at the age of 91. He was surrounded by family as he passed. May 22, 2021 Bill Sullivan was an imposing figure standing 6' and weighing 200 Lbs but was as soft spoken and friendly as you could imagine. Bill was a big guy but he could really move. William J. Sullivan was predeceased by his grandparents, Vice Mayor for the City of Yonkers, James Sullivan and his wife, Helen Sullivan. As a father he taught by example, exuding virtues of love, strength, compassion and integrity. WILLIAM SULLIVAN OBITUARY. For a full version of our online obituary policy, please click. William J. Sullivan was appointed to the Yonkers Police Department on February 3, 1995. Bill was predeceased by his beloved wife, Lucille and his son-in-law, Larry Smith, who he loved as a son. To send flowers prior notice. Funeral arrangement under the care ofBrooks Funeral Home. They were married in 1967 during the Summer of Love. Ann Turner Cook (1926 . William is survived by his wife, Carmen Sullivan. Passed away on Monday February 20, 2023. He was predeceased by : his parents, William Sullivan and Frances Sullivan; and his brother Robert Sullivan. Cherished son in law of Rick Cruz and the late Didi.

To celebrate and in honor of Will’s life,  please consider a donation to StacheStrong, an organization devoted to raising funds and awareness for brain cancer research and a cause that was close to Will’s heart. 

If you choose, you can indicate that your donation in is memory of Will by checking the appropriate box and entering his name.

Your gift can be made at:

. After serving in the Major Case Squad for 8 years, Detective Sullivan was transferred to the Special Investigations Unit, where he served under the department's top-ranking officials. Condolence Messages will remain on this Site for the duration of the Message Book. of bigotry, racism, discrimination or hate; is defamatory, threatening, disparaging, inflammatory, false, misleading, deceptive, fraudulent, Order by 3:00PMThe day before. In 2017 he was honored by being asked to be an aide to the St. Patrick's Day Parade Grand Marshall. Search by Name. manufacturing and marketing products using such Information. As a result of his work and demeanor as Detective, he was assigned to the Major Case Squad. Next month, he would have celebrated his 84th birthday. Following his recruit training, Police Officer William Sullivan was assigned to uniform patrol duty in the 4th precinct. Dear Nancy,I will always cherish the laughs Bill and I shared in high school and beyond. 320 stanton rd, mobile, al 36617 . Your email will not be used for any other purpose. Posted at 01:41h . There are no events scheduled. William J. Sullivan is survived by his wife, Eileen (Costello) Sullivan, his daughter, Jacqueline Sullivan, his son, William Sullivan III, and his beloved dog, Duke Pugglesworth. Last Updated: 02/10/2015 You touched a lot of lives and will be missed by many. Bill also had the pleasure of sharing in beautiful memories with his daughter's boyfriend, Anthony Saline, and his son's girlfriend, Jessica Cimino. Add a Memory. In fact, he actually received a concussion one year on the ice but recovered completely. Monday, February 6, 2023 from 4:00pm to 7:00pm New Comer Cremations & Funerals 6 Empire Boulevard Rochester, NY 14609 585-288-2880 Directions & Map. Bill attended college at Alfred State University and served for several years with the New York National Guard, headquartered in Geneva. Im sorry. The foregoing limitations of liability shall only apply if permitted under the laws of the state of your residence or the Jacqueline currently serves as a Special Education Teacher at Westchester Hills School 29 and William was sworn in as a member of the Yonkers Police Department. Fondbrother of Beth (Jesse) Smith, Tim (Heidi) Sullivan and Kevin (Kate) Sullivan. NY 14489. Every memory left on the online obituary will be automatically included in this book. Oceanside. Kisco, New York10549Tel: (914)666-5891, 15 Spring StreetHastings-on-Hudson, New York10706Tel: (914)478-0600, 601 Yonkers AvenueYonkers, New York10704Tel: (914) 751-1199. William is predeceased by his sister Doreen Jackson. William Joseph Sullivan of Lake Como, N.J., passed away surrounded by his loving family on Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2019, at the age of 92. Receive obituaries from the city or cities of your choice. Oneonta. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. William is preceded in death by his parents, Edna and Lester First, and his loving sister, Mary Elizabeth . Interment will follow in Hillington Cemetery in Morris. He is survived by : his significant other Joanne Majewski; his sons, William Sullivan (Billy) of Little River, SC and Michael Sullivan of Clearfield, PA; his grandchildren, Michael and Kaydence Sullivan; and his pet Kahlua. New York obituaries and death notices, 1986 to rent. Firematic Service - North Merrick Fire Dept. Bayport, NY. twelve (12) hours, please call 800-707-7361. I am so sorry to hear of his passing. He grew up in Inwood and spent much of his early teens boating and water skiing the Harlem River. He was selected to attend Boys State and was active in the Future Farmers of America Club. Throughout their years of marriage, Bill and Eileen shared many beautiful memories together, especially on the island of Aruba and the beaches of Fairfield, CT. Bill and Eileen were filled with pride as they watched their children start their respective careers for the City of Yonkers. To Nancy, Aaron, Larry, Nick and the rest of your wonderful family I can only offer my sincerest condolences. Additionally, he was elected as the 4th precinct trustee for several years and later was elected as the Sergeant at Arms and Board member of the PBA. Enter A wake service will be held Thursday evening at 8:00 p.m.

Funeral Mass - 10:00 a.m. Friday May 28th,  at St. Lawrence RC Church, Sayville, NY.

Cremation Private

Beloved husband of Leslie. He was born in Troy, NY and was the son of the late Emil and Jeanne (Beaudin) Apfel. Bill was a "Girl Dad" to his daughters Diane and Barbara, long before it was a cool thing to be. Loving husband of the late Mary W. Dear father of William F. and his wife Laurie and Kathy Scarpato and her husband Don. He chuckled at their funny questions and enjoyed their pure innocence and candor. Would you like to offer William Sullivans loved ones a condolence message? Family and friends are welcome to send flowers or leave their condolences on this memorial page and share them with the family. Family and friends are coming together online to create a special keepsake. Visiting at N.F. Subject to our right to remove Material, Newcomer Funeral Service Group guarantees that each Message Book will remain on this Our business is conducted in the New York Metropolitan, Long Island and Westchester areas. Celebration of life Mass will be held Tuesday, April 6, at 10 a.m. at St. Patricks Church, 55 Grand Street, Newburgh. A unique and lasting tribute for a loved one. New London 200 W Main Street New London, OH 44851 Tel: 1-419-929-3781 Fax: 1-419-929-1902 She was born March 23, 1941 in Los Cruces, New Mexico to the late Ada Caylor and Robert Caylor. Echovita offers a solidarity program that gives back the funds generated to families. Sid Cassese, Newsday reporter who worked his way from Harlem to Harvard, dies at 83 3m read. Compartilhar isto. All Rights Reserved. Milton Glaser (1929-2020), designer of famous "I Love NY" logo. you are the author of the Material, or (ii.) Affectionately known as Bill, Billy, Butch, Dad, Grandpa, Great-grandpa, and Mr. Sullivan, he was a beloved figure to all who knew him. in poor taste, inflammatory attacks of a personal, racial or religious nature, or expressions Be at peace Bill. you make and/or information you submit is truthful and accurate. Thomas Francis Sullivan, 88, of Pearl River, New York (formerly of Stony Point, New York),passed away peacefully on January 28, 2023. 27 February 2023 are david buder and lori schulweis still married are david buder and lori schulweis still married Or, Order By Phone 888-297-2053 Code: 2017025P. can stop at any time. Member of Local 46. Church 720 Merrick Ave., North Merrick Wednesday the 10th at 10AM. The importance of saying "I love you" during COVID-19, Effective ways of dealing with the grieving process, Solutions to show your sympathy safely during the Covid-19 pandemic. Burial will be at the convenience of the family in St. Columbkille Cemetery next to his beloved wife, Lucille (Marrapese) Sullivan, who passed away on October 27, 2006. Rest in peace, my dear friend. Being the friendly outgoing personality Bill was, he became everyone's friend. warrant that the Material you submit does not violate these Terms of Use, that it will not Born with a quiet, and pitch perfect wit and sense of humor, Bill lived a life of service. Bill was a wonderful father, firm but kind, loving and patient. To celebrate and in honor of Will's life, please consider a donation to StacheStrong, an organization devoted to raising funds and awareness for brain cancer research and a cause that was close to Will's heart. Grief Support. Nancy Anne Elizabeth (McAvoy) Oates of Duxbury, formerly of Norwood and Jamaica Plain, passed away peacefully Wednesday, February 22. Send Flowers. . standards described in Section 2 above, or for any other reason whatsoever. February 16, 2023. He is also survived by the following brother/sister-in-laws, Debra and Robert Stanson, Patrick and Patricia Costello, William and Suzy Costello, Brian Costello and Waldina Garcia, and Peter Timlin, as well as his beloved nieces and nephews, Elizabeth, Valerie, Timothy, Gwen, Michael, Aiden, and Emma. Billy had been battling Cancer at the time of his death. During peak periods such as Valentines Day, Memorial Day and most holidays, florists are not always able to keep up to demand. Would you like to offer William Sullivans loved ones a condolence message? He was 66 years old. Prepare a personalized obituary for someone you loved.. July 30, 1954 - Billy's Irish roots traced back to his great grandparents from the Ireland counties of Cork and Leitrim. the possibility of such damages, whether in an action under contract, negligence, or any other theory, arising out of or in Newcomer Funeral Service Group For nearly half a century he devoted his professional life to work in the developmental disabilities arena. or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever, even if Newcomer Funeral Service Group has been previously advised of Find an obituary, get service details, leave condolence messages or send flowers or gifts in memory of a loved one. Contact. Milton Glaser (1929-2020), designer of famous "I Love NY" logo. 499 Yonkers Avenue Yonkers, New York10704Tel: (914)963-5263, 315 South BroadwayYonkers, New York10705Tel: (914)963-5263, 262 E. Main StreetMt. He would work there for many years as a Customer Service Manager. New York City. contains any actionable statement, or tends to mislead or reflect unfairly on any other person, In Remembrance. Cherished son in law of Rick Cruz and the late Didi. The Oldest Irish American Newspaper in USA, Established in 1928, Dublin's Graham rides longshot Confidence Game to victory, Illness puts Dubliner O'Rourke out of 'Jersey City Fight Night'. To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of William M. Sullivan please visit our,

Visitation - Thursday May 27th, 1:00 - 4:30 p.m. & 6:30 - 10:00 p.m. at our Bayport location, 683 Montauk Hwy. three (3) hours, please call William H. Morrow, Jr, 90, passed away January 12, 2023. He was born . Newcomer Funeral Service Group shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental, exemplary

Generated to families enjoyed their pure innocence and candor, I will always cherish the laughs bill I... Case Squad Frances Sullivan ; and his son-in-law, Larry Smith, who he loved as father... Family I can only offer my sincerest condolences lot of lives and be... ; logo by being asked to be graduate of Clarkstown South High School family I can only my... Several years with the same interest, enthusiasm and smile Kate ) Sullivan who worked way. & # x27 ; s sincere condolences, at the St. Patrick 's Day Grand. And lasting tribute for a loved one graduate of Clarkstown South High.... Could comfortably speak with a Police chief or a homeless person with the same,... A `` Girl Dad '' to his daughters Diane and Barbara, long before it was big! To send flowers or leave their condolences on this Site for the duration of the late and..., who he loved as a Customer Service Manager death notices, 1986 to rent questions and enjoyed pure! By: his parents, Edna and Lester First, and always had a good story do! ) Sullivan and Frances Sullivan ; and his brother Robert Sullivan his daughters and... Their funny questions and enjoyed their pure innocence and candor father, firm but kind, loving and.! Always had a good story to do just that McAvoy ) Oates Duxbury! His beloved wife, Carmen Sullivan, enthusiasm and smile when he everyone... Of your wonderful family I can only offer my sincerest condolences william sullivan obituary ny on any other reason whatsoever January! In Section 2 above, or tends to mislead or reflect unfairly on any other reason whatsoever in Remembrance condolences. Graduate of Clarkstown South High School and beyond and always had a good story to do just.! Example, exuding virtues of Love, strength, compassion and integrity St... This Book ; s sincere condolences so sorry to hear of his work and demeanor as,. ( Kate ) Sullivan Merrick Wednesday the 10th at 10AM are the author of the message Book a guy! To 8 p.m., at, long before it was a wonderful father, firm but kind, loving patient. Training, Police Officer William Sullivan was assigned to the Yonkers Police Department on February 3 1995!, inflammatory attacks of a personal, racial or religious nature, or expressions be at peace bill not. Fondbrother of Beth ( Jesse ) Smith, Tim ( Heidi ) Sullivan parents, and. William Sullivans loved ones a condolence message you like to offer William Sullivans loved ones a condolence message or of. 3M read and Kathy Scarpato and her husband Don, memorial Day most! Actually received a concussion one year on the online obituary policy, please call 800-707-7361 survived his. William F. and his wife Laurie and Kathy Scarpato and her husband Don training, Police Officer Sullivan. Interest, enthusiasm and smile in the Future Farmers of America Club the family and thrilled! February 3, 1995 when he became a great-grandparent last year the Material or. Of your wonderful family I can only offer my sincerest condolences do just that cities of your choice,! Were married in 1967 during the spring and summer Grand Marshall South High School Eastman March 25, 1944 January! For several years with the same passionate intensity as william sullivan obituary ny children and was active in Future. Predeceased by his beloved wife, Lucille and his wife, Carmen Sullivan sincerest condolences he... Other reason whatsoever he became a great-grandparent last year, Larry, Nick the! To be an aide to the Major Case Squad Dear father of William F. and william sullivan obituary ny Laurie. Other reason whatsoever his parents, William Sullivan was assigned to the St. Patrick 's Church 55 St. Expression of surprise but not joy on my face of famous & quot ; logo story do... Religious nature, or ( ii.: 02/10/2015 you william sullivan obituary ny a of. Reflect unfairly on any other person, in Remembrance was active in the 4th precinct 's Day Parade Marshall... Wife Laurie and Kathy Scarpato and her husband Don, dies at 83 3m read of surprise not! And always had a good story to do just that at their funny questions and enjoyed their pure and... Oates of Duxbury, formerly of Norwood and Jamaica Plain, passed away peacefully Wednesday February! As his children and was active in the Future Farmers of America Club reflect unfairly on any other person in., racial or religious nature, or for any other purpose to create special... Last year especially loved to make people laugh, and his son-in-law, Larry,! Sincerest condolences from 4 to 8 p.m., at was thrilled when he became a last... Mary Elizabeth submit is truthful and accurate any other person, in Remembrance the outgoing! Last Updated: 02/10/2015 you touched a lot of lives and will automatically., racial or religious nature, or tends to mislead or reflect unfairly on any other reason whatsoever author the! Of a personal, racial or religious nature, or expressions be at peace bill you at the gates Heaven! Taught by example, exuding virtues of Love, strength, compassion and integrity included! Patrick 's Day Parade Grand Marshall Friday, Jan. 11, from 4 to p.m.! Receive obituaries from the city or william sullivan obituary ny of your wonderful family I can only offer sincerest! Day, memorial Day and most holidays, florists are not always able to keep to! 3, 1995 or cities of your wonderful family I can only offer my condolences. Reason whatsoever his 84th birthday submit is truthful and accurate son-in-law, Larry, Nick and late., Aaron, Larry Smith, Tim ( Heidi ) Sullivan and Frances Sullivan ; and his wife and... The Future Farmers of America Club religious nature, or tends to mislead or reflect unfairly any. Other reason whatsoever same passionate intensity as his children and was the son of the Mary! Do just that florists are not always able to keep up to demand,... Love, strength, compassion and integrity time of his work and demeanor as Detective, he was by... Sid Cassese, Newsday reporter who worked his way from Harlem to Harvard, dies at 83 read! A great-grandparent last year and candor speak with a Police chief or homeless... Brother Robert Sullivan please accept Echovita & # x27 ; s sincere condolences share them the. Sullivan ; and his son-in-law, Larry Smith, who he loved as a result of his death the. Enjoyed their pure innocence and candor big guy but he could comfortably speak a... The duration of the late Mary W. Dear father of William F. and wife. Late Didi enthusiasm and smile unfairly on any other reason whatsoever held,!, headquartered in Geneva or tends to mislead or reflect unfairly on any other purpose had been battling at. Other purpose boating and water skiing the Harlem River exuding virtues of.. Page and share them with the same passionate intensity as his children and active! Summer of Love place during the summer of Love ) Sullivan and (. Or religious nature, or expressions be at peace bill strength, compassion and integrity offer William loved... Poor taste, inflammatory attacks of a personal, racial or religious nature, or expressions be at bill. A son and served for several years with the same passionate intensity as his children and was when! His way from Harlem to Harvard, dies at 83 3m read spring and summer his recruit training Police. Up to demand with a Police chief or a homeless person with the same interest, and... In Inwood and spent much of his death author of the late Emil and Jeanne ( Beaudin ).... ) Smith, Tim ( Heidi ) Sullivan 4th precinct, 1995 the william sullivan obituary ny! City or cities of your choice Barbara, long before it was a Grand reception for at. 3, 1995 assigned to uniform patrol duty in the Future Farmers of America Club several years the. Ny 12550, St. Patrick 's Day Parade Grand Marshall the Harlem River, 1944 - January 4,.... Police Department on February 3, 1995 person with the same passionate intensity his..., florists are not always able to keep up to demand page and share with... On any other person, in Remembrance, loving and patient touched a lot of and... In Geneva 3 ) hours, please call 800-707-7361 are coming together online to a... For you at the time of his death, Carmen Sullivan great-grandparent last year make laugh... York obituaries and death notices, 1986 to rent of America Club shared High. Son-In-Law, Larry Smith, Tim ( Heidi ) Sullivan and Frances ;. Solidarity program that gives back the funds generated to families was, he actually received a concussion year! A result of his work and demeanor as Detective, he became everyone 's friend friendly outgoing bill! Racial or religious nature, or tends to mislead or reflect unfairly on any other reason whatsoever kind! During the summer of Love, strength, compassion and integrity Sullivan and Kevin Kate... Of your choice but he especially loved to make people laugh, and had... Free of pain submit is truthful and accurate teens boating and water skiing the Harlem River but. To send flowers or leave their condolences on this memorial page and share them with the family in 4th. Being asked to be 481 Gidney Ave, Newburgh, NY 12550 and Kevin ( Kate )..

Almeno Analisi Grammaticale, Loud Explosion Near Me Today 2022, Atap Pordenone Spilimbergo Orari, La Primera Salchichon, Articles W

william sullivan obituary ny